Stoke 8th on 42 points.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 26
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm.....

Considered to have done a good job for Wales, but didn't qualify for any tournament finals.
Spent well and did well at Blackburn.
Spent huge and considered a massive failure at Man City.
Did well at Fulham, but then walked out.
Failed at QPR.

One thing about Hughes is that he plays compact, highly physical football. He was a good appointment for Stoke as he's a continuation of the Tony Pulis method, whereas we love to rip up the book and start again every 18 months.
Was he considered a massive failure at Man City?
The big money had just come into the club and I was under impression they wanted a bigger name at the helm. He got a great reception from fans after his last game when they beat us.
He come as close with Wales as anyone has recently as well.
Don't get me wrong I'd have preferred oneil at the time mind but to say his record is awful is wrong in my opinion.

Was he considered a massive failure at Man City?
The big money had just come into the club and I was under impression they wanted a bigger name at the helm. He got a great reception from fans after his last game when they beat us.
He come as close with Wales as anyone has recently as well.
Don't get me wrong I'd have preferred oneil at the time mind but to say his record is awful is wrong in my opinion.

He is by all the City fans I know (I live in Manc), not as bad as Pearce mind.

I just wonder what the criteria for success with Wales is, as he seems to have come out of it with a good reputation without actually doing anything. It's easy to be a glorious failure, just as any of the last 10 Scotland managers.

I'm not saying his record is that bad, more hit and miss.

He is by all the City fans I know (I live in Manc), not as bad as Pearce mind.

I just wonder what the criteria for success with Wales is, as he seems to have come out of it with a good reputation without actually doing anything. It's easy to be a glorious failure, just as any of the last 10 Scotland managers.

I'm not saying his record is that bad, more hit and miss.
Weren't they in the top 4 when he got sacked? (Could be wrong on this mind).
Wales haven't qualified for a tournament since 1950 and Hughes got them as close as anyone as well as some big wins at home to Italy and argies.
I'd say he done a decent enough job relatively speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back