Steve Davison - update

Bit more info and meat on the bones otr this morning
Although a lot of it will undoubtedly be true, I really hope the club aren't going to try and get Bruce doing the whole lot. If there's one thing we've seen it's the fact that we are massively understaffed in every department. Is Bruce really a COO type, can he do that on top of what he's already doing? For me, he might be able to do aspects of it and I'd expect him to take some of it on, but they'd need someone else in as well and that's before they start staffing the rest of the club correctly

Although a lot of it will undoubtedly be true, I really hope the club aren't going to try and get Bruce doing the whole lot. If there's one thing we've seen it's the fact that we are massively understaffed in every department. Is Bruce really a COO type, can he do that on top of what he's already doing? For me, he might be able to do aspects of it and I'd expect him to take some of it on, but they'd need someone else in as well and that's before they start staffing the rest of the club correctly
There was was a few commercial job adverts put out this week by the club...looks like this is to assist..but let's be honest it seems that you have to be an all rounder for most jobs at the club been sustainable and all that!

They dressed a room with a few posters man...
No they allowed contractors to do work unchecked, unmanaged until they were found out, which if they didn’t know about it, broke H&S law. But ignoring that, your response is rather strange if you believe the clubs comments. It would seem the club didn’t just think they “dressed a room with a few posters” then. You see the people who think the club can do no wrong are getting a bit confused, they claim the club didn’t know about it, so have dealt with it accordingly, yet your sort still claim they did no wrong. Fancy doing an internal investigation and disciplining someone for dressing a room with a few posters “man”.

Why you telling lies?

Don’t know what you talking about.. all the images I saw are just corex or banner.
I don’t care enough to lie, I was just relating to the posters over the top expectations for risk assessments or method statements.

Don’t know what your agenda is but keep up at the back or shut the fk up

Don’t know what you talking about.. all the images I saw are just corex or banner.
I don’t care enough to lie, I was just relating to the posters over the top expectations for risk assessments or method statements.

It isn’t over the top though is it? You see it isn’t “my expectations “, its the HASAW Act expectations. Because by health and safety law, anywhere there is a potential risk, a risk assessment has to be provided. They were supposedly there to change signs, they are working at height from stepladders, as defined by the law too. Now as part of that procedure, they have to ensure they are working safely. And guess what? Had they done that, they would have noticed mag stuff being put up. The other option is , they knew already.

No they allowed contractors to do work unchecked, unmanaged until they were found out, which if they didn’t know about it, broke H&S law. But ignoring that, your response is rather strange if you believe the clubs comments. It would seem the club didn’t just think they “dressed a room with a few posters” then. You see the people who think the club can do no wrong are getting a bit confused, they claim the club didn’t know about it, so have dealt with it accordingly, yet your sort still claim they did no wrong. Fancy doing an internal investigation and disciplining someone for dressing a room with a few posters “man”.

I really don’t care…. And Iam not a ‘sort’. I’ve only made a comment about risk assessments. People going on as if there was major alterations

Companies are engaged to do works and as part of that have agreed to complete all risk assessments having been provided generically with all the info they need regards the stadium. They may already have generic RAs in place with the club to for signage works if they work there regular… none of which will cover the content.

If they actually bother with the RA they can send it the club and it will make no reference to the content of the ‘signs’ as that’s got nothing to do with the RA.

Even then the club may just file it and read it. This is what happens in the real world.

I don’t need to explain myself but I was not defending the club, just highlighting the RA thing is a complete red herring.

In fact I was highlighting the short comings of this board long before most people jumped on the band wagon and long before Newcastle.

So your ‘sort’ need to zip it and seek to understand before you begin accusing people of one thing or another.

I really don’t care…. And Iam not a ‘sort’. I’ve only made a comment about risk assessments. People going on as if there was major alterations

Companies are engaged to do works and as part of that have agreed to complete all risk assessments having been provided generically with all the info they need regards the stadium. They may already have generic RAs in place with the club to for signage works if they work there regular… none of which will cover the content.

If they actually bother with the RA they can send it the club and it will make no reference to the content of the ‘signs’ as that’s got nothing to do with the RA.

Even then the club may just file it and read it. This is what happens in the real world.

I don’t need to explain myself but I was not defending the club, just highlighting the RA thing is a complete red herring.

In fact I was highlighting the short comings of this board long before most people jumped on the aband wagon and long before Newcastle.

So your ‘sort’ need to zip it and seek to understand before you begin accusing people of one thing or another.
Again, it has nothing to do with major alterations at all. It has everything to do with risk, hence the name . Which proves it is you that needs to “zip it” and understand.
They may well have RA’s in place but they are complicit if they stick them in a drawer and not check the work is being done in accordance with those RA’s. Which you have even referred to in your post and which I have stated all the way through.
So they either didn’t check or they knew about it

Last edited:

It wasn't just a 'few posters' it was a shambles around the whole event and it should never be forgotten.

Back