Steve Davison - update

Some of these arguments are pointless. The club 100% knew they were going to decorate the BCB up in mag stuff weeks prior because we all knew weeks prior as well. It wasn't the best kept secret.

Literally everything that happened was posted in here days, sometimes weeks in advance of it happening. People just didn't want to believe it but the facts are the club wanted to make money of the FA Cup draw and sold out the home end and BCB to the mags to accommodate them as beat they could and make as much profit as possible. Nothing else was factored in and it was probably known from the top down.

All that happened was someone who worked there leaked the pics the day prior to he game and caused uproar when it was clear that this was 100% happening and now they are playing a game of how to minimise the damage instead of just saying they were trying to cash in and fucked up.

Some of these arguments are pointless. The club 100% knew they were going to decorate the BCB up in mag stuff weeks prior because we all knew weeks prior as well. It wasn't the best kept secret.

Literally everything that happened was posted in here days, sometimes weeks in advance of it happening. People just didn't want to believe it but the facts are the club wanted to make money of the FA Cup draw and sold out the home end and BCB to the mags to accommodate them as beat they could and make as much profit as possible. Nothing else was factored in and it was probably known from the top down.

All that happened was someone who worked there leaked the pics the day prior to he game and caused uproar when it was clear that this was 100% happening and now they are playing a game of how to minimise the damage instead of just saying they were trying to cash in and fucked up.
It was SO37 who got the photos out wasn’t it and not someone working for the club? Employees would have been told not to take any photos I’d imagine as they wouldn’t want it getting out as they knew what they were doing was wrong.

It isn’t over the top though is it? You see it isn’t “my expectations “, its the HASAW Act expectations. Because by health and safety law, anywhere there is a potential risk, a risk assessment has to be provided. They were supposedly there to change signs, they are working at height from stepladders, as defined by the law too. Now as part of that procedure, they have to ensure they are working safely. And guess what? Had they done that, they would have noticed mag stuff being put up. The other option is , they knew already.

That all sounds very jobs worth and not reasonable in the real world.
I’ve worked in hospitality for 40 years putting up and taking down promotional materials is an everyday occurrence covered off by a generic step ladder RA which everyone rereads and signs for every year… but even this wasn’t staff it was a contractor and there was nothing inherently risky about it. The contractor would do a dynamic risk assessment based off his training.

Do you think the Sky engineer who came to my house the other day shared a risk assessment with me, the client, when he assessed if he put his ladder up?
Of course he didn’t but his training and paper work covered him and his company off.
I agree on site contractors need to be kept an eye on, but with the level of professionalism in this organization do we seriously think anyone was doing that

Yes your right … wasting time on here on pedantry

Last edited:
Either Davison is such a lickspittle that he was too scared to point out that this was wrong, or he pointed out that it was wrong and KLD over-ruled him.

It has to be the latter.

Like Speakman, he follows his instructions.

Last edited:
Can’t believe the number of people seemingly happy to brush it off. It was f***ing disgusting.

Brush it off or in the big picture understand it’s significance.
It told us the board do not get the mentality of football supporters, it told us they didn’t get the rivalry between the two clubs, it told us they would sell our soul for a few pounds.

Do they understand these things now? I don’t know but the desperation to see the match as an opportunity to make money only serves to reinforce the fact these owners are under funded. It is this underfunding that is behind everything holding us back be it recruitment or facilities or services.

It’s all part of the same malaise. No one was hurt, no one was relegated, the stadium wasn’t sold off, we didn’t have points deducted.

It wasn’t good, it didn’t look good and it dug the board into a bigger hole than they are already in.

But frankly we have bigger issues now around recruitment for next season and we should be holding the Kyrils feet to the fire on this primarily.

That all sounds very jobs worth and not reasonable in the real world.
I’ve worked in hospitality for 40 years putting up and taking down promotional materials is an everyday occurrence covered off by a generic step ladder RA which everyone rereads and signs for every year… but even this wasn’t staff it was a contractor and there was nothing inherently risky about it. The contractor would do a dynamic risk assessment based off his training.

Do you think the Sky engineer who came to my house the other day shared a risk assessment with me, the client, when he assessed if he put his ladder up?
Of course he didn’t but his training and paper work covered him and his company off.
I agree on site contractors need to be kept an eye on, but with the level of professionalism in this organization do we seriously think anyone was doing that

Yes your right … wasting time on here on pedantry
Do you think that HASAW act covers domestic properties? He will have RA's but you as a homeowner don't need a policy to manage HASAW. I think you may also find that there is an inherent risk by using step ladders. Moreso in this instance when they are also working above a bar, which could result in them over reaching. But yes you are right I wouldn't expect them to check it properly. That's why I mentioned earlier if he had have fell from the ladder HSE would have been all over it. You can do what you want and hope there isn't an accident. You are leaving yourself to prosecution should anything happen though

Well, after reading updates recently regarding still no information been forth comming about the fiasco at Christmas or anyone carrying the can..

People need to realise that the Club, Management and everyone involved in the BCB and the North stand eviction are all obfuscating to the problem and are continually lying through their teeth and have done so since they took over imo.

Don’t know what you talking about.. all the images I saw are just corex or banner.
I don’t care enough to lie, I was just relating to the posters over the top expectations for risk assessments or method statements.

Don’t know what your agenda is but keep up at the back or shut the fk up

You said posters, they weren’t posters.
Thus you you were telling lies.

Back