Springsteen 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairly average price in a stadium. Dread to think of the prices at Wembley on Sunday, gunna be an expensive one.
£4.90 a pint when I was looking a few weeks ago. Of course it doesn't have to be 'an expensive one', you could always drink less....
but we both know it's gunna be an expensive one:lol:

Can I ask a question?

Do you nobs enjoy being ripped off.

Like scoped out for everything you have.:D

By cnunts who see you coming.

Jeez man, complete idiots.

My first Springsteen record was bought in 1982 and my first gig was in 85 as a spotty faced teenager. Now as a 40 something dad with a much bigger belly, I still love seeing Bruce. No two shows are the same and the effort and energy he and the band put in makes the shows amazing. The Mrs (10 years younger than me and NO) is a recent convert to all things Bruce. She was saying after the gig how she wanted to hear such and such a song. My reply was that with the songs Bruce has to choose from. we should be privileged to hear what he chooses to play and be grateful that he still tours at 68 years of age.

O and yes, I agree, Hampden is a shithole.

Noticed a lot of people being critical of Waitin' on a Sunny Day getting played during Bruce shows in the past couple of days. I understand people have different tastes but I never thought it was as disliked as it is.

As it goes, I've noticed a lot of criticism about his setlist choices in general during the European part of the tour. They've seemed fine to me mind.

You could have asked everyone at the gig to choose 34 songs for the set list (34 songs!!!) and no two people would come up with the same.

I love hearing the stuff that I know off by heart but I also love it when he plays something I havent listened to for years. A lot of folk like to moan - I dont mind what is on his set lists as someone has said, he plays every song as if it might be his last.

Noticed a lot of people being critical of Waitin' on a Sunny Day getting played during Bruce shows in the past couple of days. I understand people have different tastes but I never thought it was as disliked as it is.

As it goes, I've noticed a lot of criticism about his setlist choices in general during the European part of the tour. They've seemed fine to me mind.
Yeh ive read stuff on Greasy Lake forum tbf they seem to like a moan on there :) Personally i think the set list pretty much cover all bases from hardcore fans to yer general punter theres something for everyone & whats better is in the main yer havent a clue whats coming next, many other acts to do worse than take a leaf out of his book imo

Yeh ive read stuff on Greasy Lake forum tbf they seem to like a moan on there :) Personally i think the set list pretty much cover all bases from hardcore fans to yer general punter theres something for everyone & whats better is in the main yer havent a clue whats coming next, many other acts to do worse than take a leaf out of his book imo
I've always thought Greasy Lake were a positive bunch until the last two weeks :lol:

I would definitely be classed as a casual punter rather than a die hard fan. I hadn't heard the song but really enjoyed that song to open.

The backstreets forum is the same, even outdoes our PF in terms of meltdowns. I could quite happily never hear dancing in the dark again but expecting him not to play those sort of songs in a stadium is lunacy :)

Agree on the set list - something for all. I'm a big Bruce fan, the wife tolerates him and the kids were at their first show last night and we all had a mint time last night . . until the 'long walk home' :cool:

Waitin' On A Sunny Day not a popular one like? I f***ing love it personally, one of my favourites even though I realise it ain't a classic up there with some of the earlier stuff.

My missus going tomorrow night to the Ricoh with her two brothers - not really for me, although I do quite like some of his earlier stuff.

They are all very excited !!

Waitin' On A Sunny Day not a popular one like? I f***ing love it personally, one of my favourites even though I realise it ain't a classic up there with some of the earlier stuff.
From all of the live versions I've heard of the song I've always been under the impression that just about everyone loves it, considering how many people sing along. Just seems there's a couple of 'diehards' who hate Bruce getting bairns to sing the lyrics and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back