Springsteen 2016

Friday night was brilliant, absolutely fantastic. Was buzzing he played Cadillac Ranch, which he's not played much in Europe I don't think, and was just brilliant, third time I've seen him and best yet. Highlights were Bobby Jean, The River and Waiting On A Sunny Day, which was class.

Sitting wasn't ideal mind, but about an hour in and moved over to an area nearby where a load were standingup and dancing. Once there, was class.

Off to glasgow tomorrow, due on stage at half six according to the email from ticketmaster. Going to end up spending a small fortune on plastic pints of piss being in from that early :D

What time did you get there?

Day before, about 10am :oops::oops::oops:

Friggin worth it though. And a great night catching up with mates new and old in the boozer.

For Coventry on the last tour I got there early afternoon the day before and was something like 110.
And that got me second row at the front.

To get in the pit, if you get there any time the day before and get a number and you attend each roll call (every 3-4 hours) that day and the day of the show you are guaranteed to get in the pit. The later you leave it on the morning of the gig the bigger the risk.

https://twitter.com/Steve_308

I tweeted at 9am on the morning of the Manchester show the numbers were at 662 and they were up to 1000 by 10/11ish. After 1000 they tend to stop giving out numbers (stadiums request) and you just queue. About 2000-3000 will get in the pit, depending on the orientation. Its fairly well organised.

At Wembley 2013 however we got there not much after 9am and we missed 1000 and had to queue. We got wristbands about 2 or 3pm and went straight to the pub.

Last edited:
Day before, about 10am :oops::oops::oops:

Friggin worth it though. And a great night catching up with mates new and old in the boozer.

For Coventry on the last tour I got there early afternoon the day before and was something like 110.
And that got me second row at the front.

To get in the pit, if you get there any time the day before and get a number and you attend each roll call (every 3-4 hours) that day and the day of the show you are guaranteed to get in the pit. The later you leave it on the morning of the gig the bigger the risk.

https://twitter.com/Steve_308

I tweeted at 9am on the morning of the Manchester show the numbers were at 662 and they were up to 1000 by 10/11ish. After 1000 they tend to stop giving out numbers (stadiums request) and you just queue. About 2000-3000 will get in the pit, depending on the orientation. Its fairly well organised.

At Wembley 2013 however we got there not much after 9am and we missed 1000 and had to queue. We got wristbands about 2 or 3pm and went straight to the pub.

We can't get there until about 1pm tomorrow, is it worth queuing? Obviously don't expect to get a number, but will there be wristbands given out at any point in the afternoon?

We can't get there until about 1pm tomorrow, is it worth queuing? Obviously don't expect to get a number, but will there be wristbands given out at any point in the afternoon?

Sorry this is late. My advice would have been to give it a go. It's always hard to say. But at 1pm you've a decent chance as they put the stage side-on at Hampsen so they have a big pit. Hope you have a good one.

My colleague went to The Etihad last Wednesday. She's now going to see him again on Friday in Coventry!
Seems a bit excessive to me, but fair enough!

f***ing brilliant tonight!
He was like. Spent most of the gig bursting for a piss, because i couldnt tear myself away, great song after great song. He plays every tune like it's his last on earth, an absolutely brilliant showman and by far the best ive seen live.

Hampden park is an utter bastard of a stadium like. Unlike 99% of grounds where you can walk around outside freely, half the stadium is fenced off, and seemingly accessible only via a 15 minute detour past a main road and a housing estate, which was an absolute fuck on.

He was like. Spent most of the gig bursting for a piss, because i couldnt tear myself away, great song after great song. He plays every tune like it's his last on earth, an absolutely brilliant showman and by far the best ive seen live.

Hampden park is an utter bastard of a stadium like. Unlike 99% of grounds where you can walk around outside freely, half the stadium is fenced off, and seemingly accessible only via a 15 minute detour past a main road and a housing estate, which was an absolute fuck on.

Was my first time seeing Bruce and it was better than expected!

3.5hours of hit after hit!

Aye Hampden is a bit of a twat

Back