SMB weight loss thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my measurements done today, 2lb off my last weigh in, very very slow progress, lost no inches off my belly, but lost an inch off my chest and half off hips.

Best but was having some progress photos done, like a shot in the arm to see the change in my shape since 20th January, even tho my weight isn't coming off.

At least all isn't lost for me then. I honestly thought it would be my down fall as a cuppa is one of my little pleasures.
Without sugar and just a bit semi skimmed it'll be fine mate.

How fast should you expect to lose waist inches. I'm in 36" jeans now. What size waist do people of normal weight tend to wear?

Without sugar and just a bit semi skimmed it'll be fine mate.

How fast should you expect to lose waist inches. I'm in 36" jeans now. What size waist do people of normal weight tend to wear?
With my starting statistics I was in a 32 jeans, now I'm slack in a 30 so fingers crossed a 28 will be my ideal size. I honestly thought a 30 would be fine but I'm not happy and can still see fat. I've got 13 weeks before my holiday to shed a stone which I'm optimistic of.

I think a 28 to 30 is my ideal waist but I'm only 5.9 and currently weighing in at 11.4.

Had my measurements done today, 2lb off my last weigh in, very very slow progress, lost no inches off my belly, but lost an inch off my chest and half off hips.

Best but was having some progress photos done, like a shot in the arm to see the change in my shape since 20th January, even tho my weight isn't coming off.
Do you do much running Joe? I hate the fucker personally but I've lost well over a stone just doing a legger around pennywell and Ford.

Last edited:
With my starting statistics I was in a 32 jeans, now I'm slack in a 30 so fingers crossed a 28 will be my ideal size. I honestly thought a 30 would be fine but I'm not happy and can still see fat. I've got 13 weeks before my holiday to shed a stone which I'm optimistic of.

I think a 28 to 30 is my ideal waist but I'm only 5.9 and currently weighing in at 11.4.

Do you do much running Joe? I hate the fucker personally but I've lost well over a stone just doing a legger around pennywell and Ford.

I love running, but have had to stay off it for over a week due to hurting my knee doing squats. Did a 15 minute warm up jog in the gym tonight at a slow pace to see how it is and I can feel it, not painful but not quite right, a bit worried.

Got my new training plan off my PT and there's loads of barbell work so hoping it's ok on Friday for my next session or the plan could go in the bin.

I was in a 28" waist when I was 12. I don't think I'll get much lower than a 34 like. I'm 6ft 2 and quite broad though.

My 36s were right after Christmas like, that and not being able to button up my new work shirts was the catalyst for finally saying enough is enough!

I was in a 28" waist when I was 12. I don't think I'll get much lower than a 34 like. I'm 6ft 2 and quite broad though.
Ive always been slender apart from my last 10 years (33 now). I honestly thought snuggly fitting into a 30 was my ideal weight, but looking at my body there is definitely another layer to come of at least for a 28.

I'm 10 days into this diet and I've never felt this good in ages.

I need to get to the gym though. I'm struggling to find time.

I've lost 5 pounds in a week, have let myself have a biscuit here and there but tbh I'm not struggling with cravings and I'm embracing it.

I've lost 5 pounds in a week, have let myself have a biscuit here and there but tbh I'm not struggling with cravings and I'm embracing it.

When you've lost a bit of weight you wonder why you carried it all around with you in the first place. It's interesting how much faster I can walk now and I've only gone from 11st 10 to about 10st 10. Imagine how great it must be for those who can shift loads of excess weight.

When you've lost a bit of weight you wonder why you carried it all around with you in the first place. It's interesting how much faster I can walk now and I've only gone from 11st 10 to about 10st 10. Imagine how great it must be for those who can shift loads of excess weight.

I'm hoping to shift at least 4 stone like. I'm half way there since December. Reckon I might try for 5 though.

I'm hoping to shift at least 4 stone like. I'm half way there since December. Reckon I might try for 5 though.

I was going to lose a stone but I still have flab so it looks like I'll end up about 10 stones at 5 foot 8 inches height.

I might then target adding more muscle so I'll have to eat more.

Once you realise how efficient you can be then it's much easier to find the time. You can be done in 45 minutes so long as your gym isn't too busy and you don't fart about. You can also get a few things together at home and do a home workout no bother which will save time on travel.

A selection of resistance bands and some bodyweight exercises and you can get up and running easily in your own home. Then if you have enough space, just add to it, bit by bit. The internet has some brilliant workouts that can be done in 25-45 minutes using very little. A single kettle bell for example.

The other day I needed to leave the house with little time to spare, so I just did an arm session in 25 minutes using some dumbells and resistance bands. I don't usually do an "arm day" but it was good to hammer something out in the little time I had available. Build some muscle, get the heart rate up, burn off some calories and off I went and got on with the day.

Once you realise how efficient you can be then it's much easier to find the time. You can be done in 45 minutes so long as your gym isn't too busy and you don't fart about. You can also get a few things together at home and do a home workout no bother which will save time on travel.

A selection of resistance bands and some bodyweight exercises and you can get up and running easily in your own home. Then if you have enough space, just add to it, bit by bit. The internet has some brilliant workouts that can be done in 25-45 minutes using very little. A single kettle bell for example.

The other day I needed to leave the house with little time to spare, so I just did an arm session in 25 minutes using some dumbells and resistance bands. I don't usually do an "arm day" but it was good to hammer something out in the little time I had available. Build some muscle, get the heart rate up, burn off some calories and off I went and got on with the day.

I have such an active lifestyle that I have zero time after work. I would need to go at like 6am, which is hell really. :lol:

Weight on 5th Jan - 205lbs
Weight on 2 Feb - 198.2lbs
Target weight: 182lbs
Height: 6'3"

Lost just short of 7 pounds in 4 weeks and an inch off my belly

Body Fat % dropped by 1.6% and muscle percentage went up by 0.9%

Weight on 2 Mar - 198lbs

had a fortnight rest from training and eating properly due to birthdays and was full of cold so have hardly lost any weight, but have lost another inch off my belly though and dropped 0.2% body fat and gained 0.2% muscle

Had actually lost 0.8% body fat and put the same on in muscle before my 2 week blow out.

Will have to work harder this 4 week period

Down to 188lbs this morning on my scales, but have been ill over the weekend so haven't eaten much, probably go up by the time I get on the PTs scales. If it stays off that would be 12lbs off since my peak weight after xmas. Target 180lbs.

I've gone from 11st 10 lbs in the first week of January to 10st 8lbs today but I still have a bit of a belly and spare tyre and I'm getting as weak as fcuk on the bench press especially. I'm going to up my calories by 100 per day as I'm doing more running and I don't want to lose the muscle that I have.

My plan was to lose excess fat and then 'clean bulk' but I might just go back to being quite strong relatively and having a wobbly belly.

I used knee surgery and various lads holidays as a bit of an excuse for letting myself go last year, but I was pretty fucked off at how unathletic I'd become, plus after 2 knee surgeries I wanted to get in really good shape to hopefully avoid more surgery, so after Christmas I decided to catalogue my training progress with pictures for the first time (since my actual body weight barely shifts once i get rid of the first 2-3 kg) and measuring my waist/gut.

Just after Christmas:

Logon or register to see this image

The other morning:

Logon or register to see this image

Got rid of about 4 cm around the gut. I think recording the calories with myfitness app has been the best thing, although it does make me slightly obsessive now.

And while taking pictures of yourself is a bit odd and I've had to stick them all in a locked folder in my phone so I don't look like a weirdo, I'm hopeful that by keeping them I won't allow myself to get so out of shape again. I fall into habits rather easily, which is good when it's a good habit (going to the gym and eating well) but not so good when it's a bad habit (eating shit, skipping gym, drinking whisky or beer mid-week on the sofa).

I used knee surgery and various lads holidays as a bit of an excuse for letting myself go last year, but I was pretty fucked off at how unathletic I'd become, plus after 2 knee surgeries I wanted to get in really good shape to hopefully avoid more surgery, so after Christmas I decided to catalogue my training progress with pictures for the first time (since my actual body weight barely shifts once i get rid of the first 2-3 kg) and measuring my waist/gut.

Got rid of about 4 cm around the gut. I think recording the calories with myfitness app has been the best thing, although it does make me slightly obsessive now.

And while taking pictures of yourself is a bit odd and I've had to stick them all in a locked folder in my phone so I don't look like a weirdo, I'm hopeful that by keeping them I won't allow myself to get so out of shape again. I fall into habits rather easily, which is good when it's a good habit (going to the gym and eating well) but not so good when it's a bad habit (eating shit, skipping gym, drinking whisky or beer mid-week on the sofa).

I'm probably at your 'fat pic' stage after losing weight!

Does it take a while to shift the gut fat? Did you combine the calorie recording with increasing the exercise that you do? Did you aim to reduce your calorie intake by a particular amount or did you aim to avoid shite stuff?

Cheers.

I'm probably at your 'fat pic' stage after losing weight!

Does it take a while to shift the gut fat? Did you combine the calorie recording with increasing the exercise that you do? Did you aim to reduce your calorie intake by a particular amount or did you aim to avoid shite stuff?

Cheers.

A combination of everything mate. I started with a "purge" in the first 2 weeks by dropping my calorie intake from Monday to Friday to around 1,000 or so calories (easier to do during the week while you're occupied with work). Mainly fruit, protein shakes and a bit of porridge. It's not a healthy diet, but it always works for me when I feel like a bloated slob (i.e. after every christmas). I was going to the gym maybe 4 times a week. That got rid of 2-3 Kg afterwhich I upped my calorie intake to aim for around 1,600-1,700 on most days (with one blowout per week, usually during the weekend). I let myfitnessapp calculate what my daily aim should be. From late January I upped my workouts to 6-7 days a week.

To be honest, I've probably been overtraining (it's in my nature to become obsessive and start overdoing things) so I had a recovery week of doing only cardio to let my muscles and joints recover, and since the snow has now melted I've replaced a couple of weight sessions each week with more cardio/football instead. I'm also looking at a 2,000 per day average now. The high workload and low calorie diet started to leave me somewhat exhausted.

The biggest thing has probably been putting an end to "pointless calories", e.g. eating large chunks of cheese for no reason other than the fact I happen to be stood next to the fridge. Or drinking whisky/beer at home while I'm sat in front of the TV by myself. The app helped with this. So did buying one of those little kitchen scales since I realised I had no idea what 100 grams of anything looked like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back