Silksworth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I used to live in Silksworth til I upgraded to East Herrington and now I only visit to sneer out of my car window or on my infrequent trips to the sunbed shop on the main street. Canny fella the lad who owns that like.

sunbed shop lol

It's not a bad place but they don't really like outsiders.
Thats because there are very few degrees of separation between the locals.

I live very close to the legion and it's ok. Local culinary highlights include Signatures, Devito's and the Midas Touch.

There's less chavs than most other areas of Sunderland these days but lots of day time drinkers and sicknotes.

I went to watch Silky cw play in the wearside league a couple of weeks ago. Very pleasant it was too. In fact I enjoyed it more than that crap yesterday :lol:

I thought Silky was a decent enough area but you lot aren't convincing me. :(
It's a great area full of lovely people. They might f***ing eat you though.

I lived in Vicarage road for 10 years, played for Silksworth Sportsmans arms for 20 years in the Sunda5league and Silksworth for a year in the Wearside league, the lads who live there are all canny except a few who thought they knew better than the It at twins, my next door neighbour but 1 was Jarvy Forth, he used to sort them out though, had lots of beers with the lad, thin, but quick as lightning and hard, and I mean hard. He was always fair and never looked for trouble.

Davy Mason runs the Golden Fleece, great lad, his Mrs Marcy a great lass,
I lived in Vicarage Road.

There's one little hamlet behind the main street; no through road, that's as bad as Cairo Street Hendon in the 1990s

Squalid

You must know me then, unless your new to Silksworth, you can ask him about us, we lived in 31.

Must have been awkward with all them footballers playing around you
And what level do you play at?
I went on to play in the ex pros over 40s league in Italy, then tournament's in Spain for ex pros, You?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mam and dad lived in Silky all of their married lives (55 years or so) and its canny.

Decent people, no more dodge pots than your average NE ex pit village; and maybe less than some to be fair.

Local pubs and clubs generally ok, though clubs maybe a bit cliquey in a "who's he....never seen him in here before" sort of a way.

Worst area was always Newport estate when I was a youngan, but much improved now that Gentoo have kicked most of the idiots out.

Run down hovel. Get yourself in the fleece for half an hour to see the locals

A couple of my mates still live there

Me fatha lives in Vicarage Road and the Legion is his club of choice (particularly after the Buffs shut). I like it in there, it's pretty much the same faces every time I go down to visit.

You must know me then, unless your new to Silksworth, you can ask him about us, we lived in 31.

And what level do you play at?
I went on to play in the ex pros over 40s league in Italy, then tournament's in Spain for ex pros, You?
I moved in 1987 but lived in No.52. Known Jarvy all my life as my uncle was his mate at school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back