Silksworth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

and more importantly the British Legion (or the area around the British Legion) in Silksworth.

What's it like? I've got no knowledge of that area at all and after some advice - genuine advice if that's at all possible :lol:

Its a Celtic stronghold. Best avoided.

Silksworth is fine. Many families never move from there, and I reckon its a relatively safe place. Me mam still lives there on Vicarage Estate. Mind you me dad used to say (until he died last year) that the place wasn't the same anymore and he hardly knew anyone up the colliery now (a bit of an exaggeration I reckon) because of all the newcomers. He reckoned the council had been housing all sorts of shite from other areas in Silky. I reckon its still a canny place and it wouldn't bother me if I ended up living back there.

Fair few Rangers fans get in the Legion like

Don't tell him that man.:lol:

Bought my first house in Sunnybrow. Was spot on like.

Posh c*nt:cool:

Lived in Silky until I moved for University. Great place.

Although I did a paper round around there for 5/6 years and got two bikes nicked and had to fight off two lads at the top of Sunnybrow to stop a third one going. :lol:

Its a Celtic stronghold. Best avoided.

:lol: funny you should say that. I started this thread because there's a couple of members from the Durham Rangers Supporters club that have booked the legion for the Celtic/Rangers game next month and I was thinking of joining them with me dad and his marra provided it wasn't a total dive full of wrang'uns. ;)

Fair few Rangers fans get in the Legion like

:cool::cool:

:lol: funny you should say that. I started this thread because there's a couple of members from the Durham Rangers Supporters club that have booked the legion for the Celtic/Rangers game next month and I was thinking of joining them with me dad and his marra provided it wasn't a total dive full of wrang'uns. ;)

:cool::cool:

I haven't been in the legion for many years (probably about 10). I have fond memories of the legion. It was where I got my first taste of beer. When I was about 10 and in junior school after school walking home we soon found that they left the empty beer barrels out the side of the legion. Of course we soon figured out with a lolly stick that you could press down the cap on the top and get this burst of foam/beer come out which you could try and get your gob over. Of course we often went home with our clothes stinking of the stuff much to me ma and da's amusement. Plus when I got banned from the clubs they still let me in like.

Silky is alright and you will be fine mate, but it was much better before they built the posh houses up ski view and the likes and the plastic people started moving in.:cool:

I haven't been in the legion for many years (probably about 10). I have fond memories of the legion. It was where I got my first taste of beer. When I was about 10 and in junior school after school walking home we soon found that they left the empty beer barrels out the side of the legion. Of course we soon figured out with a lolly stick that you could press down the cap on the top and get this burst of foam/beer come out which you could try and get your gob over. Of course we often went home with our clothes stinking of the stuff much to me ma and da's amusement. Plus when I got banned from the clubs they still let me in like.

Silky is alright and you will be fine mate, but it was much better before they built the posh houses up ski view and the likes and the plastic people started moving in.:cool:
Scratter ! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back