Sections of our fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way some get their kegs in a twist, about what other people do at the match is pathetic. 41k there on Saturday, all wanted safc to play well and win. Then you read threads like this ffs. The fans are the best thing about our club.
The team on the pitch is the best thing about our club!

Sorry like but that is just plain wrong. You raised some decent points but at no point did we have an attack where we had more than a couple of players in the box available to cross to.

What you mean is, we ended up in a situation where the crowd just wanted a few diagonals launched into the box, with the hope some would go in and fight for it. Basically hoping for a bit of good fortune.

Id still argue that late in a game where the scores are level we should be singing in support of our team, not about Pardew. But hey, each to their own and all that.

*Im very much enjoying Newcastle being shite by the way.
Last couple of minutes mate. About 4 in the box, we had the ball on our left wing, gomez had a few chances to try pick someone out, he shouldn't be lumping it in. He was 30yards out or so, decent position and never crossed. Thats tue only time I heard frustration to the level some on here are tryimg to make out.

[QUOTE="cluffy, post: 18765357, member: 646]When I go to the stadium I don't expect 40 odd thousand people to think exactly the same way I do ffs :lol:[/QUOTE]
Bang on mate. Thank fuck someone else said it.

Sorry like but that is just plain wrong. You raised some decent points but at no point did we have an attack where we had more than a couple of players in the box available to cross to.

What you mean is, we ended up in a situation where the crowd just wanted a few diagonals launched into the box, with the hope some would go in and fight for it. Basically hoping for a bit of good fortune.

Id still argue that late in a game where the scores are level we should be singing in support of our team, not about Pardew. But hey, each to their own and all that.

*Im very much enjoying Newcastle being shite by the way.

I see your point and probably would agree but I'm mainly bothered about people saying we're 'obsessed' on here - thats just bullshit

Be patient _ we have won jack shit since 1973
And that wont change in a team of one paced carthorses who pass sideways and backwards so the keeper can lump it up the field

Reactions: ATS
Many apologies for a grammatical error.

On Saturday it was clear that many of them were directed toward the style of play and 'Lack of urgency'

.. what .. fans getting excited shouting for them to get forward, push out or get the fook into them ..let's take the fookin passion out of the game shall we .. mate, I think the standard SMB response was spot on ..

We've been so devoid of a footballing identity since Reid, barring a brief spell under Bruce, that we seem to have people desperately clinging to Poyets style of play.

I don't rate it, it's labelled as passing and possession based but it only goes as far as the half way line and then it's back to the stuff we were used to under O'Neil. I'm not endorsing booing but I certainly don't see the progress some on here do.

Reactions: ATS
What booing are people referring to?
The last 2 home games at the final whistle after a few initial muted boos people actually stood and applauded the team off.

After the last few days we have seen some disappointing, yet not surprising, behavior by some of our fans
  • On here - Constant negativity and threads about the Mags
  • Boo'ing and frustration at the match on Sat
Why the constant negativity? we are trying to build something, yet some on here expect it overnight! acting almost like spoiled children.

Why the constant threads about them up the road? We call them obsessed! We are just as bad.

The main issue is the boo'ing and very vocal frustration at the match, we pass it around and its 'get the fucker forward man!' hoof it up and it's 'keep the fucker on the deck!'. These people who boo because we are trying to play in the right way and embed a style of play throughout the club are utter morons and the match would be better off without them.

No wonder we have such a high turnover of managers.

Vent over!

No team goes out to deliberately play bad, or to deliberately lose. I recon the team knows when they've played bad. Against Swansea, safc did not play bad. We need stability at safc

This

and this

I've rarely booed the team as a whole in nearly 30 years supporting Sunderland, but I pay a lot of money to watch them and if I want to vent my frustrations and have a pop then I will.
Exactly.
Play for Today:
Housewife: "Enjoy the game today husband?"
SAFC supporting-husband: "No"
Housewife: "Why not dear?"
SAFC supporting husband: "The gentleman beside me booed at the final whistle even though we played well enough to merit a decent nil nil draw"
Housewife: "Ah well. At least he didn't laugh at the mags losing thus proving he was obsessed."
MrJardine: "Aye bonny lass. Small mercies."
- curtain falls -

Not at all mate and I have answered your statement on another thread you have posted regarding this topic of obsession which you are most certainly not obsessed about. There is nothing wrong debating the turmoil Newcastle currently find themselves in, if it was the only thread on here then you may have a point, but it's not.
Obsessed about obsession. :lol:

Exactly.
Play for Today:
Housewife: "Enjoy the game today husband?"
SAFC supporting-husband: "No"
Housewife: "Why not dear?"
SAFC supporting husband: "The gentleman beside me booed at the final whistle even though we played well enough to merit a decent nil nil draw"
Housewife: "Ah well. At least he didn't laugh at the mags losing thus proving he was obsessed."
MrJardine: "Aye bonny lass. Small mercies."
- curtain falls -
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back