Salvio from Benfica €25m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't see us spending any more than £20 mill in total tbh....without selling Kone, which would mean one decent level player and maybe a coupe of journeymen to support the squad.

Again its totally irrelevant how much they they cost, you haven't learnt anything from the last 10 years.

I couldn't give a shit if they cost 1 million or 100million, they need to be the right player for the right system and specific way of playing

Agree it's players for the job but to say what we pay is irrelevant is just ridiculous. Of course we want players who fit into the system. Of coyrse we want players who perform at the very least at the level we're already at but to improve preferably at a higher level. Are we going to be able to find these types of players by hovering around the £15m max? I'd argue no. Are we goin to be able to find cheap diamonds like we did in January every window? History suggest otherwise. Should we comtinue to take chances on players who have come back from injuries or lost their way/passion? Maybe if its the right player. But, and I come back to it again, the fact our club record signing is nearly a decade old in a league which consistently sees records broken and clubs investing larger and larger amounts in INDIVIDUAL signings speaks volumes about our ability to attract and hold onto very good players.

Cannot be arsed to read all the thread. Owt in this or just Portugal paper BANTZ

Apparently there are talks in London.

No one has any idea what about, or who is involved, BUT it is definately London, and there will definately be talking (and pigeons).

A rumour? I want facts!!!!

We are on the cusp of a swoop, cannot say who.

The swoop is an audacious one from a great height, the player in question liked the word swoop on twitter, so he is clearly very adept at dropping hints.

He also liked fruit pastilles, not sure what the releveance is but I think it means we are signing a centre forward from Papa New Guinea on a short term deal, either that or painting the seats.

Hope this helps.

Apparently there are talks in London.

No one has any idea what about, or who is involved, BUT it is definately London, and there will definately be talking (and pigeons).

We are on the cusp of a swoop, cannot say who.

The swoop is an audacious one from a great height, the player in question liked the word swoop on twitter, so he is clearly very adept at dropping hints.

He also liked fruit pastilles, not sure what the releveance is but I think it means we are signing a centre forward from Papa New Guinea on a short term deal, either that or painting the seats.

Hope this helps.
WALNUT CAKE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back