Running Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - some of the times/distances really astonish me in here!! Stuff I dream of.

Anyway, thought I would report back following my request for some advice last week. Just started up running in new year to lose some beef and get the fitness up and was working up to 4 miles, but struggling to get any faster than 11 minute miles. Happy to report that following the advice on here I managed 4 miles in 36 minutes at the weekend which I was delighted with. Now looking at ramping up the distance with the odd faster 4 miler now and again, and managed my first 10k yesterday, although it took me 68 minutes.

Really addictive this running though and looking forward to each session.

This might be of interest to those who run/walk in the dark. My local Aldi have packs of 4 reflective/led velcro bands reduced to £1.99. They look exactly like these ones currently on amazon at £2.99 for 1. They also had them in white. Not sure if they're in every store though or if it's just excess stock in my local one.

Logon or register to see this image

Wow - some of the times/distances really astonish me in here!! Stuff I dream of.

Anyway, thought I would report back following my request for some advice last week. Just started up running in new year to lose some beef and get the fitness up and was working up to 4 miles, but struggling to get any faster than 11 minute miles. Happy to report that following the advice on here I managed 4 miles in 36 minutes at the weekend which I was delighted with. Now looking at ramping up the distance with the odd faster 4 miler now and again, and managed my first 10k yesterday, although it took me 68 minutes.

Really addictive this running though and looking forward to each session.
Well done mate, half the battle's just learning to enjoy it. If you hate running you might as well try something else. Best of luck

Well done mate, half the battle's just learning to enjoy it. If you hate running you might as well try something else. Best of luck
Took me ages. Only took it up as a challenge in memory of my mate who died and I'd raised £1500 for his charity so couldn't give up. It was only when I did the Sunderland 10k that I actually 'got it'.
I've kept it up for two years now and whilst I'm never going to be a serious runner, I actually enjoy it now.

Better run then yesterday! I can handle wind, but wind and freezing rain ....... Fuck that. :lol:

Anyway, a nice 9 mile at 7.15 pace.

Couple of days off from training. Looking forward to hopefully making a run tomorrow. And then Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Didn't go out as planned last night and felt guilty.
Turns out it wasn't laziness and I'm now in a&e.
Can't say too much on here but I could be laid up for a while. I'll be gutted if I don't make the half marathon.

Where do most of you folk log your run?

Is there some sort of Smb group anywhere?
I never use to bother , now I use adidas micoach app as I've normally got my phone in back pocket anyway . Sooner or later though I need to bite the bullet and get a decent gps running watch

I never use to bother , now I use adidas micoach app as I've normally got my phone in back pocket anyway . Sooner or later though I need to bite the bullet and get a decent gps running watch
Do you want to try one? I've got a spare 305. You joining the harriers?

Do you want to try one? I've got a spare 305. You joining the harriers?
cheers mate, its fine I keep checking ebay and google for a garmin 220 (the 620 is too pricey), startfitness had a 20% sale on last night but I couldn't be arsed to go along, the missus has a basic garmin which ive used couple times and seems canny but lacks a stopwatch function, cheers anyway mate.
No, not joining anybody at moment mate, although I have been asked along a couple of times and know a few up there, may start running with the older bloke in the street who is ex-harrier as hes trying to get back into it after years out (I don't like to ask him what happened as he was one of their best runners then injured and didn't run for bout 7 year) and hes been asking me if fancy a run out. Clubwise Ive no idea, sometimes fancy it then other times think its not for me.
which reminds me, Im gonna enter your pier t pier race

Reactions: D.A
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back