Running thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah I did a max heart rate and resting test.

See time on my feet isn't an issue, I can run 20 miles relatively comfortably tbh, not quick but I don't find it hard at all in general. I fancy trying to get a bit quicker if I can tho and think the HR training might be the thing to give me a bit focus rather just plodding on knocking the miles out.

Takes a bit of getting used to when you are running, say, 10k, and being comfortable with blowing hard after the first 3-4k and being confident that you can keep going at that pace. Got to get your body used to that as well but you'll find you can do it.

Sneaky 5k for me this evening. Should get a 10 miler to work in tomorrow, then 5k Saturday and 20 miles Sunday. Then an easy week with a marathon next Sunday.

Anybody fancying a good 10k training run this Sunday then there is a recce run of the 10k route of the Penshaw Pieces of 8 race with the race director Tim at 8am on Sunday morning (whether entered or not)........Meet at the bottom of Penshaw monument steps, he will have a white trail outlaws t-shirt on....I would be there but still out injured after C2C run. Dont worry about pace, will regroup if required :cool:

Oh, it is also the 2nd half of the half marathon route too if you are considering that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice half-marathon distance run today. Ended in 1:30 speeding up over the course from 7:10 to 6:40 a mile. Legs appreciated the relative rest from the past few days and delighted to feel as comfortable as I did. First long run where I've felt strong in a long while. Another long one sunday will test the legs.

Reactions: D.A
I've excelled myself this morning. Alarm on for 5am and out for an easy 5 miles at 5.30am. It took me ten minutes to convince myself it was a good idea once my alarm went off but I'm glad I did in the end. Really enjoyed the peace and the quiet roads.
Now I'm getting ready for West Brom. Haw'ay the lads!!!

I've excelled myself this morning. Alarm on for 5am and out for an easy 5 miles at 5.30am. It took me ten minutes to convince myself it was a good idea once my alarm went off but I'm glad I did in the end. Really enjoyed the peace and the quiet roads.
Now I'm getting ready for West Brom. Haw'ay the lads!!!

Well done mate. If I had thought properly about things I'd have realised the Gateshead Trail 10k was today and would gone to WBA instead. Have a good day.

done a 10k this morning in 42mins, started with 400m effort 400m jog, then 800m effort 800m jog,1200m effort 1200m jog, then done this in reverse and added the extra 400 on with a jog, I looked over my previous efforts when I have done this and to my surprise for not feeling good that is the quickest I have done it, loved every minute of it even though it was hard work

Gatehead Trail 10k in 52:59. Really want to push myself and get under the 50minute mark. Getting faster each time seemingly and managed 5 minutes off my time this year.

11.14 miles yesterday in 1:39:42. Pleased with that but now my target for the GNR is moving down from 2:05 to 2:00 which I really didn't want to be the case. :lol:

Up early and another 20 miles done this morning. Feel a little sleepy now after my efforts.

another 20 miles for me this morning too. Ended out averaging about 7:25 having started at 7:50 pace and steadily built up to about 7:10. Very happy with the run this morning, especially after 13 miles on Friday night. Feeling the benefit of miles in the legs over the past few weeks.

another 20 miles for me this morning too. Ended out averaging about 7:25 having started at 7:50 pace and steadily built up to about 7:10. Very happy with the run this morning, especially after 13 miles on Friday night. Feeling the benefit of miles in the legs over the past few weeks.

Always a good sign of fitness when you can get long runs in close together.

18 miles for me this morning last two miles were into the wind so heart rate was miles up to keep pace, pace at heart rate improved to last weeks long run 9:51 average with average heart rate @76%, last week was 10:01 @75.5%

bit more effort training today just 8 x400m effort 8x400m jog, followed by 2.25mile jog afterwards, the 10k was 43.56 but I was feeling Saturdays effort a lot and had heavy legs, off out tomoorow night to hit double figures in miles again as I never had time for anything yesterday

Finally broke sub 40 minutes for a 10km. 39:45 for Gateshead 10km.

well do @D.A

12mile today in 132.30 after 2 speed sessions Saturday and yesterday I am well pleased with that, longest run since me hols aswell and was easy to 10 mile, bit of a struggle to 12 but I got them done 7.43 pace and I am well pleased with that as I was only aiming for a slow 12 mile, going to compare with last years 12 mlers on me garmin and see how it ranks as I felt like I was taking it easy till my legs went at 10.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back