Running thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting pains in my calfs at the minute, not too concerned as I think it's just time for a new pair of shoes. Gonna order them tomorrow so I can get plenty miles in them before GNR and Keilder.

I use calf guards and receive no pain

I've got some mate, I just think my shoes have done too many miles cos I always end up getting little niggles when it's time for a new pair.

I've got some mate, I just think my shoes have done too many miles cos I always end up getting little niggles when it's time for a new pair.
Possibly, getting your gait analysed? I've had mine for nearly a year and they're still going strong

Possibly, getting your gait analysed? I've had mine for nearly a year and they're still going strong

Like I say it just happens when I've done around 500 miles in my shoes, as soon as I get a new pair I can feel the difference straight away and won't have any problems.

Reactions: D.A
Getting pains in my calfs at the minute, not too concerned as I think it's just time for a new pair of shoes. Gonna order them tomorrow so I can get plenty miles in them before GNR and Keilder.
Are you a match goer mate? I'm thinking of doing the Kielder 10k but we've got a home game that day. I'm wondering if it's realistic to be back home and showered, fed and watered etc for say 2pm? I can't find any times on the website for race start or anything so wondered if you had any idea.

Are you a match goer mate? I'm thinking of doing the Kielder 10k but we've got a home game that day. I'm wondering if it's realistic to be back home and showered, fed and watered etc for say 2pm? I can't find any times on the website for race start or anything so wondered if you had any idea.

I am mate, I've got a season ticket. There's a possibility depending on what time the race starts but it'd be tight I'd think, probably doable tho I'd say.

8 Miles this morning along to Seaburn 3 minutes fater than I did it few weeks ago at the same heart rate so good to see some progress, first four miles were all under 10 minutes so think getting back to where I was in February before started with knee issues. Weather was lovely this morning as well perfect calm sea very relaxing run.

another 10k today trying to blow the cobwebs away, 1st 3 were slow but the last 3 were normal training oace of 730ish even if they did hurt a lot more than they usualy do, think I may off fooked up my 129.59gnr aim with my holiday smoking, wont be doing that again, lesson learned

Well came up a little short on the 140 mile C2C Ultra at the weekend in truly awful weather......Was absolutely flying in joint 3rd....Went through 50 miles in 10 hours, 100 mile in 23hrs 38 and me and the guy I was running with had a 45 ish minute lead over 5th place runner as we finally hit the flat stuff on the Waskerly way......Ankle/shin had been niggling away for a good few hours but kept the pain at bay with pain killers....Then after 4 x ten minute miles as we enjoyed the flat stuff it became unbearable and cursory glance showed a large swelling to the front of the shin....Became apparent pretty quickly it was game over and dropped at 113 miles in just over 26 hours.....Would normally be gutted but despite having plenty of running still in my legs there was not a chance i could have finished the last 27 miles without doing some serious damage as was struggling to walk with the pain (looks like bad bout of shin splints).....This race has totally captured my imagination though and will deffo be back to have another pop in 2015 (winner finished in 31hrs, my pal in 3rd in 36hrs)...Great day despite the DNF :cool:

PS.....Only two weeks left to get your entries into the Trail Outlaw Penshaw half marathon and 10k trail races on 31st August

just spotted that - im in Keswick sat so might do it. its not flat mind. as the path leaves the park and goes behind the garage there's a canny incline upto the a66 bridge. coming back the other way there is a wooden walkway which again is on an incline. Might still be fairly fast like - decent running surface.

Just bought my first ever pair of running shoes. Ive only ever ran on treadmills or playing football etc, never actually went outside for a ' run '.

Expecting to be really crap and not get very far at first but hoping to be quite fit and get some miles under my belt entering 2015.

I did a few year back and it started at 1pm

Good luck Norman, sure you'll be knockin the miles in in notime. I cant comprehend running that far like Outlaw, unreal!! Is there support stations etc for changing clothing, food, injuries n directions??

Done the Morpeth 10k tonight in 35.42. . .chuffed with that. that'll be my last race for a few weeks as off on me hols soon. . give my legs a rest before the tynedale jelly T ten mile at end of august

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back