Running thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I done this in 2012, my 2nd ever 10k but the first was the Stampede, so the Saltwell one was really my 1st 10k proper, pretty hilly and it was lashing down but sadistically I really enjoyed it :lol:

Done Park run this morning, I can't get my head around morning running, never got out of 2nd gear, so sluggish.

Complete opposite for me. The later it gets the less I enjoy it. If organised runs didn't start in the mornings I'd probably never have done one.

I done this in 2012, my 2nd ever 10k but the first was the Stampede, so the Saltwell one was really my 1st 10k proper, pretty hilly and it was lashing down but sadistically I really enjoyed /QUOTE]
Remember that one, it was a hard day. Wasn't that when Crammy was running the opposite way around?
The year previous was a fresh, crisp icy morning. Great for the downhills.

10.11 miles this morning in 1:33:59

I was deliberately trying to keep myself at a comfortable pace, which did mean forcing myself to slow down a lot, but the main thing was to get the distance in. I felt pretty good by the end and had a bit left in the tank so I'm confident I could've continued for a few more miles if I'd wanted to. 10 was the target today though so just stuck to that (plus I was near a bus stop to get back..)

9:17 was the average pace which seems incredibly slow compared to some of my shorter runs this year, but if I managed that sort of pace for the Great North Run I'd probably shave around 5 minutes off last year's time, which I'd be fairly happy with.

10.11 miles this morning in 1:33:59

I was deliberately trying to keep myself at a comfortable pace, which did mean forcing myself to slow down a lot, but the main thing was to get the distance in. I felt pretty good by the end and had a bit left in the tank so I'm confident I could've continued for a few more miles if I'd wanted to. 10 was the target today though so just stuck to that (plus I was near a bus stop to get back..)

9:17 was the average pace which seems incredibly slow compared to some of my shorter runs this year, but if I managed that sort of pace for the Great North Run I'd probably shave around 5 minutes off last year's time, which I'd be fairly happy with.

Well done. I guess changing the update interval in MapMyRun did the trick?

Well done. I guess changing the update interval in MapMyRun did the trick?

That had been the plan, but I realised about half a mile down the road that I'd totally forgotten to change it. :lol: I had to stick with the good old fashioned inner voice saying "SLOW DOWN!"

Still did that really pathetic thing of speeding up and looking happy and confident when passing another runner though. :oops:

That had been the plan, but I realised about half a mile down the road that I'd totally forgotten to change it. :lol: I had to stick with the good old fashioned inner voice saying "SLOW DOWN!"

Still did that really pathetic thing of speeding up and looking happy and confident when passing another runner though. :oops:

I did that overtaking a runner that seemed to be struggling on the Parkrun this morning but it turned out it was just his 1st time running without his usual training partner & he decided to follow me then sailed past me like I wasn't even there with 1k to go. :oops:

Beenin Greece for 2 weeks and most I managed was 5 mile and it felt like 15, bust me toe on 3rd day playing football so I had a weeks rest and in now looking forward to getting back to training at home and knocking some of the food of me belly

Just done my 5th 5 k in Turkey. Back home on Monday. I hope this running on holiday malarky is doing me some good! Not sure what the benefits are tbh...anyone know?

Struggled through another 5k this morning. On the way back there was a lass who appeared to have been in the river. When she bent over to pick her skirt up I think I could see the kebab she'd had for her supper.:eek:
Seemed to be some sort of bike race along the front as well.

Just done my 5th 5 k in Turkey. Back home on Monday. I hope this running on holiday malarky is doing me some good! Not sure what the benefits are tbh...anyone know?

Just keeping your fitness up I'd imagine. Even after a few weeks off it can take a little while to get back to where you were so keeping the miles ticking over can never be a bad thing, you'll also keep at bay a little bit of the holiday weight that is inevitable for most of us.

Just keeping your fitness up I'd imagine. Even after a few weeks off it can take a little while to get back to where you were so keeping the miles ticking over can never be a bad thing, you'll also keep at bay a little bit of the holiday weight that is inevitable for most of us.
Aye that's what i thought. Not sure if the weight bit will work though!

Struggled through another 5k this morning. On the way back there was a lass who appeared to have been in the river. When she bent over to pick her skirt up I think I could see the kebab she'd had for her supper.:eek:
Seemed to be some sort of bike race along the front as well.
Sun city triathlon marra

'Kinell, Exactly 10 mins faster than me & my 29:52 was a new PB.
Keep it up mate, keep training and you'll get there

First run out in 10 days today. A very tentative 4.5 mile after a groin injury I picked up. No ill effects so far so hopefully after my jaunt to Belfast this week I can get into full steam ahead training next weekend for the redcar half marathon

I ran about 6 times in 2 weeks out in the Greek sun and it was harsh to say the least, going out this afternoon for a slow 10k as I have a bust up toe of me holidays

Half Marathon done on my long run yesterday furthest have ran did a bit of the GNR route John Reid road wasn't as bad as thought it might be. 2hr17 average max heart rate 75%

Half Marathon done on my long run yesterday furthest have ran did a bit of the GNR route John Reid road wasn't as bad as thought it might be. 2hr17 average max heart rate 75%

I think the John Reid road seems worse than it actually is. I think being local to Shields helps when doing the GNR. Firsr year I did it my legs went at the Nook but I knew that walking from there to the Bamburgh would take ages so I just ran as much as I could trying to limit my walking.

I think the John Reid road seems worse than it actually is. I think being local to Shields helps when doing the GNR. Firsr year I did it my legs went at the Nook but I knew that walking from there to the Bamburgh would take ages so I just ran as much as I could trying to limit my walking.

ive ran the johna a million times, but last year during the gnr when I got to the bottom of the bank at marsden I was gone and that last mile took forever it seemed, 1st run after me holiday and 2 weeks of smoking and drinking was a 10k just finished, 49 mins our so along way off what I want to do but I suppose that's whatyou get for enjoying your holidays. not had a tab since I touched down I the uk I just cannot help myself when abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back