Running thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just two runs for me in the last week and a half. . bloody shin splints. Was glad of a bit rest initially but getting frustrated now! Anyone have a magic cure? :)
Been on the foam roller a bit but not finding it's doing much.

Just two runs for me in the last week and a half. . bloody shin splints. Was glad of a bit rest initially but getting frustrated now! Anyone have a magic cure? :)
Been on the foam roller a bit but not finding it's doing much.
Ice, anti inflammation tablets. Had it a year ago, I carried on running, cleared eventually.

Can anyone recommend a watch/device which can let me know how far I have run. Sorry as im guessing it has already been mentioned but i dont really want to trawl through 118 pages :lol:

Can anyone recommend a watch/device which can let me know how far I have run. Sorry as im guessing it has already been mentioned but i dont really want to trawl through 118 pages :lol:

Garmin Forerunner 10 is very good value for money & is what I went for once I was getting past the point where my phone battery could last with the gps on. If you are going to be out for less than 90 minutes though then you can most likely get away with free apps on your phone like mapmyrun, runkeeper etc. They aren't as precise as the garmin but they aren't bad either.

well done dan , cracking time that ! did they give you times for your 5k and 10k splits also or just the final time ?

Final times. Wasn't chipped. I'm happy. Wouldn't have got a 5km but pretty sure a 10km pb.
Was just a billy bullshitter I know who did the race also , text me with PBs for 5k and 10k which don't quite tie in with his final time, he hasn't got a gps watch so I assumed must have given out official splits, he's gettin worse for exaggerating !. Some good times on that list mind, well done again!

Article in today's Echo bout a runner in Washington attacked by 2 dogs!

Well done dan, running strong at the minute you lad :cool:
Ha first race in 4 I've turned up sober. Cheers, feeling in good nick but got a dodgy leg at the minute. How's your injury?

Was just a billy bullshitter I know who did the race also , text me with PBs for 5k and 10k which don't quite tie in with his final time, he hasn't got a gps watch so I assumed must have given out official splits, he's gettin worse for exaggerating !. Some good times on that list mind, well done again!

Article in today's Echo bout a runner in Washington attacked by 2 dogs!
Unless he carried a stop watch with him he is unable to tell, unless he asked other runners what time was it when he past the mile markers. It was a really strong field, I normally place higher in local races!

Ha first race in 4 I've turned up sober. Cheers, feeling in good nick but got a dodgy leg at the minute. How's your injury?

Unless he carried a stop watch with him he is unable to tell, unless he asked other runners what time was it when he past the mile markers. It was a really strong field, I normally place higher in local races!
Shins no better or worse really, still can't train properly. . an excuse not to do XC on Saturday though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back