Running thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

listening to the latest trail outlaws podcast i believe jon steele (hardmoors race organiser) has the best job in the world!
ok i'm sure there's plenty of admin but he races all over europe and i somehow think those costs go against the company as tax deductible(R&D?). great gig if you can get it!
im doing one of john's races tomorrow. gunna be a wet and wild one I think !

Confirmed that no Sunderland Marathon again this year. Not that I was planning on doing it but disappointing to some.
Hopefully still got the half and the 10k.

i knew someone who helped crammy withe first MOTN and he got very upset that so much water got stolen the night before the race. alot of bottles that were stored around the route were gone overnight.
i believe the following year there was a mega marshalling cock up and the marathon ended up under distance which was a complete disaster and generated so much bad publicity i would guess poor old crammy won't go near the distance again.

im doing one of john's races tomorrow. gunna be a wet and wild one I think !

goathland, ive read it's going to be boggy!
i've entered his roseberry topping mara and the 55.

i knew someone who helped crammy withe first MOTN and he got very upset that so much water got stolen the night before the race. alot of bottles that were stored around the route were gone overnight.
i believe the following year there was a mega marshalling cock up and the marathon ended up under distance which was a complete disaster and generated so much bad publicity i would guess poor old crammy won't go near the distance again.

55 is my favourite race, great course and more interesting than the 60......Wish the 110 was the other way round as the coast can get REALLY boring, especially the final 13 miles from Scarborough to Filey, it is mind numbing

Managed to get out a few times this week, my total for this week is 7.5 miles. Not that far & there was a lot of walking in places but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll do more next week, starting with park run tomorrow.

Cram also had a hire can stolen full of t shirts and medals.

As an alternative I've had to do resistance walking instead, which suits my hobbies of photography anyway.
Usually a 15-20lb backpack and often large inclines.
How long you had it?

Cram also had a hire can stolen full of t shirts and medals.

How long you had it?
For about 8 months. I tried to speed up my jogging up to running but couldn't due to shin splints. I tried all of the foot stretching exercises you can go on steps to loosen your shins, to no avail. Gave up and went to resistance walking / jogging. This was 2 years ago now

No miles in the last week. Every night been working on renovating the kitchen till the small hours! Thought I needed a rest, but my knees are absolutely killing me at the moment. Think it must be something posture/kneeling related. Done 30 plus hours on the thing in the last week as well as a full time job. Hope to get out on the Penshaw 10k route before the match at least.

Week of rest this week. Will be 5k for me this morning very slow and that's it.

Come out of hibernation in December and then build towards spring marathons and half's. Starting to look forward to next year running already!

Hope to get out on the Penshaw 10k route before the match at least.
What's that penshaw route mate ? At moment Im only running couple times a week and once has to be on grass , did Farringdon XC route this morning (3 laps= 5.1mile), was boggy n slippy and can't say enjoyed it, nearly packed in half way round

What's that penshaw route mate ? At moment Im only running couple times a week and once has to be on grass , did Farringdon XC route this morning (3 laps= 5.1mile), was boggy n slippy and can't say enjoyed it, nearly packed in half way round
The route of the trail outlaws 10k. Start off at the bottom of Penshaw hill, up past the monument, down to the river, along the river to the A19, up to Offerton then back along the old railway lines to the monument. Off-road, but not much grass

you heard right - it was pretty horrific in parts - just a touch over 28 miles. joyful torture.

Got a pb at the whitley bay parkrun on sat 21:26 unofficially my 85th run anarl. did the same course this morning in 21:40 so chuffed with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back