Ross Barkley and english players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi lads, sorry I know this isn't Sunderland related but with Barkley signing a new deal it got me realising just whats wrong with English players, look at his comments:

"This contract means everything for me. It is my dream to play for Everton. I didn't think about other clubs, this is the club I love and I see it as home. We’ve got to push on now and one of the objectives is the Champions League."

“I realise the importance of signing because I remember how I felt when Wayne left. He was one of the best players in the team and we thought we could push on with him at Everton. When he left we were all down as Evertonians. I just wanted to sign and hopefully we can push Everton on together."

"I've a long way to go to be an Everton legend. Hopefully one day I will be."

Being an evertonian who has seen many greats I admit I got emotional, the lad is "one of us" and has his head firmly screwed on and wouldn't surprise me if he becomes our gerrard and ends his career here in which gerrard has actually told Ross to do (although im not naïve enough to believe that's the most likely of outcomes in modern day football) My issue is how good would the England national team be if all the other lads were mentally like Ross? Rooney for example is a money grabbing judas who only cares for number one, Ashley cole was the same as are the likes of Luke Shaw, Ravel Morrison, Sterling etc. all on either big wages or letting their ego's affect their careers, then you have the likes of rodwell, Sinclair etc. sat on the bench of the money clubs earning big money but not developing as players. The problem with our national team is we have too many individuals and ego's and its something that has been a problem for many years now, and its starting to trickle down to the younger lads which IMO is a big reason why we have such a lack of young talent coming through. Seeing Ross's comments today made me fall a little bit more in love with the game and if Hodgson had any sense he should hold this lad up as an example for the next so called captain, not that bellend Rooney who no doubt will be angling for more money when RVP becomes the main man at Utd again this season!

Rooney's top class. Barkley isn't. That's all you need to know.

Also, if a Manchester United, Real Madrid, or these days even a Manchester City come in for him, he'll be off like a shot.

Rooney and Cole moved for trophies. I think their list of honours vindicates their decisions...

Rooney:
Club
Manchester United
Cole (post Arsenal):
Chelsea

Would not surprise me if Barkley is at Mancheser United next Summer, he'll give it the usual "biggest club in the world" bollocks like Luke Shaw did in his interview the other week whilst secretly not being able to believe he has just had a 75% wage rise.

I'd like to think that if I was an up and coming player with great potential at SAFC, my love for the club would see me spend my whole career at the SoL. Say what you like about Alan Shearer and I know he got a fantastic wage but he probably could of earned millions more through playing at United rather than Newcastle not just in wages but in commercial deals and won a lot of trophies but his love for Newcastle was such that he would rather have been a legend at his home town club.

Admirable and something that will not be seen again in the modern era in my opinion.

Would not surprise me if Barkley is at Mancheser United next Summer, he'll give it the usual "biggest club in the world" bollocks like Luke Shaw did in his interview the other week whilst secretly not being able to believe he has just had a 75% wage rise.

I'd like to think that if I was an up and coming player with great potential at SAFC, my love for the club would see me spend my whole career at the SoL. Say what you like about Alan Shearer and I know he got a fantastic wage but he probably could of earned millions more through playing at United rather than Newcastle not just in wages but in commercial deals and won a lot of trophies but his love for Newcastle was such that he would rather have been a legend at his home town club.

Admirable and something that will not be seen again in the modern era in my opinion.
If Lukaku ends up at Everton I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea ask for first refusal on Barkley as part of the deal

Sorry but it's ambition. The better players will want to play for prestigious clubs even if that mean's not starting every week. I'd do the same as well even if I played for my boyhood club.

Hi lads, sorry I know this isn't Sunderland related but with Barkley signing a new deal it got me realising just whats wrong with English players, look at his comments:

"This contract means everything for me. It is my dream to play for Everton. I didn't think about other clubs, this is the club I love and I see it as home. We’ve got to push on now and one of the objectives is the Champions League."

“I realise the importance of signing because I remember how I felt when Wayne left. He was one of the best players in the team and we thought we could push on with him at Everton. When he left we were all down as Evertonians. I just wanted to sign and hopefully we can push Everton on together."

"I've a long way to go to be an Everton legend. Hopefully one day I will be."

Being an evertonian who has seen many greats I admit I got emotional, the lad is "one of us" and has his head firmly screwed on and wouldn't surprise me if he becomes our gerrard and ends his career here in which gerrard has actually told Ross to do (although im not naïve enough to believe that's the most likely of outcomes in modern day football) My issue is how good would the England national team be if all the other lads were mentally like Ross? Rooney for example is a money grabbing judas who only cares for number one, Ashley cole was the same as are the likes of Luke Shaw, Ravel Morrison, Sterling etc. all on either big wages or letting their ego's affect their careers, then you have the likes of rodwell, Sinclair etc. sat on the bench of the money clubs earning big money but not developing as players. The problem with our national team is we have too many individuals and ego's and its something that has been a problem for many years now, and its starting to trickle down to the younger lads which IMO is a big reason why we have such a lack of young talent coming through. Seeing Ross's comments today made me fall a little bit more in love with the game and if Hodgson had any sense he should hold this lad up as an example for the next so called captain, not that bellend Rooney who no doubt will be angling for more money when RVP becomes the main man at Utd again this season!

What's wrong with English Players is that they are universally less skilled than players from the majority of other competitive nations but tend to get paid more anyway. Rooney was the highest paid player at the World Cup.

He's done the right thing. He'll get lots of games there and improve as a player. Scott Parker and Sean Wright Phillips to name but two cocked up their careers by sitting on the bench at Chelsea.

He won't serve the full 4 years because if he improves as everyone hopes Everton will cash in

I'd like to think that if I was an up and coming player with great potential at SAFC, my love for the club would see me spend my whole career at the SoL.

Uber fan you lad.

If he has an excellent season then he'll be off. And he'll probably kiss the Everton badge when he scores for you... And kiss the man city/Chelsea badge when he score for them.

Unlucky

I never get why people compare Rooney and Barkley talent wise and mentally wise.

Rooney was the better at the age but barkley suffered a near career ending leg break at 17 which stunted his development, Rooney never and was allowed to develop alot quicker. But for me Rooneys physical shape has meant the lads peaked at any earlier age than Ross will, no one can tell me Rooney now is better than the Rooney of 3-4 seasons ago

Mentally wise barkley to be fair is a mummy's boy, he's a very shy and quiet lad even in interviews he blushes and stutters, Rooney on the other hand was very confident from day one, that's why Rooney could kiss the Utd badge and act the **** in front of a bear pit of everton fans barkley simply isn't the personality type to do it.

I just honestly feel he'll either a. Do a gerrard/le tissier/shearer for some players money and trophies isn't the be all and end all, look at the likes of batieusta, Totti etc. Some players aim to become club legends Rooney for all his money will never have the same adoration that gerrard has and barkleys actually said something in an interview a while ago.

But obviously football the way it is he could very well go but I reckon It'll be to a madrid/barca/bayern if he fulfills his potential in a few years and I wouldn't begrudge the lad, the reason Rooney is hated is he gave us 1 season and fucked off to a manc side who sing "feed the scousers, sign on, scouse scum" etc. whenever we play them with that dozy twat being from one of the roughest areas of the city!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back