Ross Barkley and english players

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more than say Arsenal IMO every club is a selling club if a mind blowing offer comes in

And they've just signed Besic and Gibson is back no way they'll be in for Rodwell
all good points especially re arsenal

He will be gone next summer.

The line about the Champions League is the only one that matters, when Everton don't get in it next year, he will refer to his desire to playing in it.

Hmm, I'll believe it when he's still there in at least 5 years time. As things stand, it's an easy decision for him to sign a new contract, and almost certainly the best career decision for him right now.

the players you sold went for big money (not arteta) but were the only ones in demand.. a credit to Everton but
the truth.
the sales enabled you to survive ( especially Rooney ).
I'm not bagging Everton ( quite like the team ) , i just refuse to buy into shirt kissing and other faux tribalism is all
Baines was/is in demand, as is Seamus Coleman. Probablys stick Jagielka in there n'arl.

Baines was/is in demand, as is Seamus Coleman. Probablys stick Jagielka in there n'arl.
agree re baines but usually when the big bids come in its all over the press.
none of those you mention would command 20m+ fees.
lb is closing in on 30, and the wc showed he is not that good.
if the top 4 rated jag or seamus they'd be away imo

Seamus is probably top 5 full back in the league imo and probablys the best one outside of the top 4. ManU chased Baines for a couple of years. Likes been said, I don't think they are quite the selling club others make them out to be.

Baines is a superb premier league player. The world cup proved nowt.

Seamus is probably top 5 full back in the league imo and probablys the best one outside of the top 4. ManU chased Baines for a couple of years. Likes been said, I don't think they are quite the selling club others make them out to be.

agree to disagree..fair dos

Heard him on the radio this morning saying if he gets everything right on the pitch it will lead to bigger and better things. Seems odd after declaring his undying love.

He will be gone next summer.

The line about the Champions League is the only one that matters, when Everton don't get in it next year, he will refer to his desire to playing in it.
I think he is more likely to refer to his new contract, which will no doubt contain such a clause. The 'desire' comment will still be used on the fans though too.

Coleman would easily command a £20m+ fee he's been superb for 2 seasons now and only mid 20s be some profit on a lad who cost £60k

Apart from Zabaleta I'm struggling to think of a better RB in the PL

Hi lads, sorry I know this isn't Sunderland related but with Barkley signing a new deal it got me realising just whats wrong with English players, look at his comments:

"This contract means everything for me. It is my dream to play for Everton. I didn't think about other clubs, this is the club I love and I see it as home. We’ve got to push on now and one of the objectives is the Champions League."

“I realise the importance of signing because I remember how I felt when Wayne left. He was one of the best players in the team and we thought we could push on with him at Everton. When he left we were all down as Evertonians. I just wanted to sign and hopefully we can push Everton on together."

"I've a long way to go to be an Everton legend. Hopefully one day I will be."

Being an evertonian who has seen many greats I admit I got emotional, the lad is "one of us" and has his head firmly screwed on and wouldn't surprise me if he becomes our gerrard and ends his career here in which gerrard has actually told Ross to do (although im not naïve enough to believe that's the most likely of outcomes in modern day football) My issue is how good would the England national team be if all the other lads were mentally like Ross? Rooney for example is a money grabbing judas who only cares for number one, Ashley cole was the same as are the likes of Luke Shaw, Ravel Morrison, Sterling etc. all on either big wages or letting their ego's affect their careers, then you have the likes of rodwell, Sinclair etc. sat on the bench of the money clubs earning big money but not developing as players. The problem with our national team is we have too many individuals and ego's and its something that has been a problem for many years now, and its starting to trickle down to the younger lads which IMO is a big reason why we have such a lack of young talent coming through. Seeing Ross's comments today made me fall a little bit more in love with the game and if Hodgson had any sense he should hold this lad up as an example for the next so called captain, not that bellend Rooney who no doubt will be angling for more money when RVP becomes the main man at Utd again this season!
no chance he'll see that contract out. he'll be gone next year imo.

Coleman would easily command a £20m+ fee he's been superb for 2 seasons now and only mid 20s be some profit on a lad who cost £60k

Apart from Zabaleta I'm struggling to think of a better RB in the PL
fair enough. I respect your viewpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back