Rolls Royce

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you expect an advanced manufacturing plant to look?!? I don't know when you agreed to your revised T&Cs, but that project has been funding secured ages ago. Its only cost £16m to build, superb value to secure the future of RR in the north east.

Chintz settees and flowery curtains ?

It's cost umpteen times more than that mate when brand new all singing all dancing machines have been put in. Plus the even newer plant next to it that is almost built.

That's the one I'm on about. Are you really complaining about a company like rolls Royce investing in modern technology? Besides, most of the machines for the new fleet support is existing kit from pallion being moved over.

Absolutely love the fact that rolls Royce are prepared to invest in the north east like they have, it's exactly the type of facility that makes the UK what it is, manufacturing wise.

That's the one I'm on about. Are you really complaining about a company like rolls Royce investing in modern technology? Besides, most of the machines for the new fleet support is existing kit from pallion being moved over.

Absolutely love the fact that rolls Royce are prepared to invest in the north east like they have, it's exactly the type of facility that makes the UK what it is, manufacturing wise.
I'm not complaining at all it's a great company to work for. My problem is with those that voted for then moaned about the new T&Cs. As far as I'm aware Fleet Support is new machinery, some was bought into Pallion to then be transferred up to UK Discs.

Well I signed a form saying I wanted a job there, if you didn't then you'd have to take redundancy. Then within a few weeks I got told I was starting in Washington.
Only Rolls Royce could create a situation where people actually prefer to stay at the old factory,I think if the terms and conditions where the same people would have a totally different attitude towards Washington.

Only Rolls Royce could create a situation where people actually prefer to stay at the old factory,I think if the terms and conditions where the same people would have a totally different attitude towards Washington.

Some things are decent, the shift pattern is better, I'd been on 4 shifts like so it's affected my pocket rather than extra hours. Still think they'd have built at Washington if we'd said no until we got Pallion t and c's.

Some things are decent, the shift pattern is better, I'd been on 4 shifts like so it's affected my pocket rather than extra hours. Still think they'd have built at Washington if we'd said no until we got Pallion t and c's.
Aye,the shifts don't seem bad,especially if you're going from a 3 shift pattern.
Your right about them building it at Washington,I think we didn't put up enough of a fight over T and Cs.

Well I signed a form saying I wanted a job there, if you didn't then you'd have to take redundancy. Then within a few weeks I got told I was starting in Washington.
16 find out tomorrow if they're going up immediately. A few of us with twitching sphincters cos we requested fleet support.

I've seen it from the other side of the fence being involved in a rationalisation of a manufacturing plant for RR elsewhere in the country and have to say the workforce are the biggest bunch of contrary whinging fannies I've ever come across. They don't realise how easy their life is for the money they get. It's no wonder they consider moving the work to Singapore etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back