Rolls Royce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shows that they got off lightly. Happened to the energy suppliers when they only got fined a couple million for mis-selling.
'Miss-selling'????
That's as good a mealy mouthed word as I've come across in some time.
Not to mention it is a further soiling of the english language.

Like all big multi nationals they are corruption personified and allowed to operate within the law because of revenue generated. They'll do what the fuck they like or what some government adviser tells them to. At least sometimes the mafia go to jail. Here endeth the rant.

I hear that Rolls Royce shares actually went up on the news they were paying off £700 odd million to avoid being fined for bribery and corruption!
Brilliant news. My father has more of these then I have had hot dinners.
I havnt a bad word to say about the place to be fair, all of my family have worked for them at some point. Grandfather, grandmother, uncle, mother, father. Dads coming up to 40 years service this year. And from what I've always been told they are good to their employees on the whole.

That's bollocks, some of the soft twats voted to accept the new T&Cs straight away without a fight. The building work had already started so they weren't about to walk away from Sunderland.
You are correct about the soft shite,but that was the threat that they would build it elsewhere. Think you're wrong about the building work starting before the T and C were signed.
But regardless it's being paid for by the staff working extra hours for nowt.

You are correct about the soft shite,but that was the threat that they would build it elsewhere. Think you're wrong about the building work starting before the T and C were signed.
But regardless it's being paid for by the staff working extra hours for nowt.
We'd already received government funding to build at the Washington site they weren't about to move elsewhere. I've no issue to those that voted for the T&Cs that's their prerogative but I hear some of them moaning and think you had the chance to fight it but accepted straight away. The union didn't help, the hobbit fucked us over then dropped his conveyors position.
Do you work there mate?

We'd already received government funding to build at the Washington site they weren't about to move elsewhere. I've no issue to those that voted for the T&Cs that's their prerogative but I hear some of them moaning and think you had the chance to fight it but accepted straight away. The union didn't help, the hobbit fucked us over then dropped his conveyors position.
Do you work there mate?
Still at old factory,for what it's worth I don't think they would have built it elsewhere,but as you say soft shites,and you're spot on about the union like.

Paid for by forcing the employees to work extra hours for no extra pay,but nice to hear it looks excellent.
The new factory is the most stultifying, soulless place I've ever ventured into in my life and the T's & C's are shit, but looks nice though.

The new factory is the most stultifying, soulless place I've ever ventured into in my life and the T's & C's are shit, but looks nice though.

How do you expect an advanced manufacturing plant to look?!? I don't know when you agreed to your revised T&Cs, but that project has been funding secured ages ago. Its only cost £16m to build, superb value to secure the future of RR in the north east.

How do you expect an advanced manufacturing plant to look?!? I don't know when you agreed to your revised T&Cs, but that project has been funding secured ages ago. Its only cost £16m to build, superb value to secure the future of RR in the north east.
It's cost umpteen times more than that mate when brand new all singing all dancing machines have been put in. Plus the even newer plant next to it that is almost built.

The new factory and pallion is like roker park and the SOL,pallion is full of character and history,spit and sawdust, a real old school place, but it has served its time,if the vote had gone against would they have built it?who knows we'll probably never know,the 3 extra hours a week is a bitter pill to swallow but its there and it isn't going away soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back