Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

There are arseholes in every fanbase, but it's not great shock that the economically neglected areas tend to have more people who are disenfranchised and angry. The Brexit debacle emboldened closet racists and it's no shock that hate crimes spiked after the vote.

Sunderland aren't the only club to have racists amongst their number, and the overwhelming majority are not racist, but I'd be concerned given there's been a couple of high profile incidents.

Do you realise you've just stereotyped pit yackers as knuckledraggers in the same way as someone would portray Black's as lazy, or Romanians as benefit scroungers :lol:.

We all say inappropriate and sometimes nasty things about others, but the real problem is probably the silent racists (they're ok but wouldn't like my daughter to be going out with one etc). I think this is a big problem with the older generation.

Ageist twat.

Would never turn my back on the needy, but you think these are children!
Wish you where running the bar when I tried for my first pint!
You, and the rest of the country's good will is being abused saying the economic migrants we are bringing in are children., are you saying there not?
I don't read the Sun but, from what I've seen, the majority look like children. As there are already thousands of adults sneaking in I'd be prepared to help these children even if the system isn't 100% perfect.

I don't read the Sun but, from what I've seen, the majority look like children. As there are already thousands of adults sneaking in I'd be prepared to help these children even if the system isn't 100% perfect.
Well, suggest you change where you get your news, because these are not children, and as such, the people of the UK are having there generosity abused.
Who mentioned the sun?
There's a difference between having an imperfect system, and deceiving the country.

Well, suggest you change where you get your news, because these are not children, and as such, the people of the UK are having there generosity abused.
Who mentioned the sun?
There's a difference between having an imperfect system, and deceiving the country.

Fair enough, who told you?

Its rife amongst Sunderland supporters whether it be conversations about 'foreigners' in the toilets or screaming obscenities at the opposition fans. I can't remember it being this bad for a while.
there's simply no need for racism
simply shows a lack of education, respect and integrity
display it now and you will regret it in your later years

I've been going to Roker, Sol and the occasional away game since 1989 and I have heard racist remarks / chants / whatever less than 10 times at a guess. I'd say we are no better or worse than any other set of supporters percentages wise

I've been going to Roker, Sol and the occasional away game since 1989 and I have heard racist remarks / chants / whatever less than 10 times at a guess. I'd say we are no better or worse than any other set of supporters percentages wise

I go to the match with a black lad he is forever arguing with ppl who make racist remarks

The club are good in their credit hes forever getting tickets at away games with the players wags/families etc

I go to the match with a black lad he is forever arguing with ppl who make racist remarks

The club are good in their credit hes forever getting tickets at away games with the players wags/families etc

People will have different experiences same as they would following pretty much any club in the country, my point was more I don't think our supporters are any different to the supporters of other clubs

Personally I've never understood it, someone is black so f***ing what it's not as if they are fat or ginger

I have to say I'm truly shocked at that.

Is this at the SOL from Sunderland supporters?

Racism is inherent in all of us and probably a throwback to the time when humans lived in tribes. If you hanker after those times then racism is perfectly acceptable.
I would say tribalism is inherent but racism is more an acquired taste. My kids don't see a black kid being any more different than brown eyes or blue.

I've heard a bit of racism over the years.

I remember back in 2004 or so at Leicester a reasonable number of people singing 'town full of pakis' (maybe 20 or 30?)

Been a few isolated people shouting stuff over the years, a couple times up at Newcastle. Almost always at aways and not homes.

Only time there was what I would describe as fairly widespread embarrassing behaviour was Brighton away under mic Mac season where there were a good number of people around me singing 'fudge packers' 'town full of faggots' 'do you take it up the arse' and all the usual unimaginative shite.

Its rife amongst Sunderland supporters whether it be conversations about 'foreigners' in the toilets or screaming obscenities at the opposition fans. I can't remember it being this bad for a while.
True but its not just with Sunderland fans there has sadly been in an increase of racism in society the past couple years. The right wing media have a lot to answer for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back