Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, suggest you change where you get your news, because these are not children, and as such, the people of the UK are having there generosity abused.
Who mentioned the sun?

There's a difference between having an imperfect system, and deceiving the country.

Not really, we should be taking adults anyway. Our response to a crisis we have helped create is utterly disgusting.....Why is it week could take tens of thousands in the 2nd world war; were times easier back then?

Well, suggest you change where you get your news, because these are not children, and as such, the people of the UK are having there generosity abused.
Who mentioned the sun?
There's a difference between having an imperfect system, and deceiving the country.
"The people of the UK are having their generosity abused"

Sure, because the UK has had absolutely no hand in the de-stabilisation of the region that caused said immigration in the first place, whether on our own or as part of a coalition with other states, both recently and historically...... :oops::rolleyes:

Our generosity is being abused? Good grief man!

Sure, because the UK has had absolutely no hand in the de-stabilisation of the region that caused said immigration in the first place, whether on our own or as part of a coalition with other states, both recently and historically...... :oops::rolleyes:

And sadly he was allowed to vote :(

Yes, we have a responsibility because of our actions, Blair's 45min claim etc, but if we are going to take adults, then inform the country and don't try to sneek them in under the guise of being children.

Not really, we should be taking adults anyway. Our response to a crisis we have helped create is utterly disgusting.....Why is it week could take tens of thousands in the 2nd world war; were times easier back then?
Would reply, but can't work out what your saying, sorry.

Last edited:
Yes, we have a responsibility because of our actions, Blair's 45min claim etc, but if we are going to take adults, then inform the country and don't try to sneek them in under the guise of being children.

Would reply, but can't work out what your saying, sorry.
I agree the govt shouldn't lie to the country, but I don't think in this particular instance they are. I honestly don't believe the govt is trying to "sneak" stuff past us in this case. It's all very conspiracy theory to me, don't you think?

I mean, be honest, what's more likely?

1. There is some grand scheme by the govt to lie to its people in a manner that would be very difficult to cover up: a diabolically stupid plan that would prompt controversy and lack of trust in a govt that is trying to build public confidence after a turmiltuous time in it's history;

Or,

2. We have a stretched and underfunded government department that is doing it's best with a really difficult task, making a reasonable amount of errors, which the press is then blowing out of proportion.

Surely it's got to be number 2?

Absolute nonsense argument tbf. The average person in this country had fuck all to do with the recent wars in the Middle East. The fairest thing to do would be to take a load of refugees and stick them next door to the politicians, bankers and big business types who made those decisions. Can't see that happening any time soon, can you?

Absolute nonsense argument tbf. The average person in this country had fuck all to do with the recent wars in the Middle East. The fairest thing to do would be to take a load of refugees and stick them next door to the politicians, bankers and big business types who made those decisions. Can't see that happening any time soon, can you?
This I also agree with to a certain extent mind. It's not the people making the decisions to go to war that are dealing with the consequences, as it rarely ever is.

Although in order to make your argument you have to dismantle the whole "collective identity of the UK" thing anyway, which kind of pulls the concept of British hospitality into question?

I don't know, but I do know that I myself want to welcome these people with open arms, though I understand people's worries.

I agree the govt shouldn't lie to the country, but I don't think in this particular instance they are. I honestly don't believe the govt is trying to "sneak" stuff past us in this case. It's all very conspiracy theory to me, don't you think?

I mean, be honest, what's more likely?

1. There is some grand scheme by the govt to lie to its people in a manner that would be very difficult to cover up: a diabolically stupid plan that would prompt controversy and lack of trust in a govt that is trying to build public confidence after a turmiltuous time in it's history;

Or,

2. We have a stretched and underfunded government department that is doing it's best with a really difficult task, making a reasonable amount of errors, which the press is then blowing out of proportion.

Surely it's got to be number 2?[/QUOTE
Lol!
No point in breaking down your "analysis"
Sorry but come on!!

"There is some grand scheme by the govt to lie to its people in a manner that would be very difficult to cover up"

Yeah right, could spend all day giving you examples!
Sorry mucca but very naive!

Yeah, that all look like there from middle east!

People will have different experiences same as they would following pretty much any club in the country, my point was more I don't think our supporters are any different to the supporters of other clubs

Personally I've never understood it, someone is black so f***ing what it's not as if they are fat or ginger
Calling someone for being ginger is as bad as calling them for being black.

Do you realise you've just stereotyped pit yackers as knuckledraggers in the same way as someone would portray Black's as lazy, or Romanians as benefit scroungers :lol:.

We all say inappropriate and sometimes nasty things about others, but the real problem is probably the silent racists (they're ok but wouldn't like my daughter to be going out with one etc). I think this is a big problem with the older generation.
Like your not stereotyping older people as all closet racists!!!

This I also agree with to a certain extent mind. It's not the people making the decisions to go to war that are dealing with the consequences, as it rarely ever is.

Although in order to make your argument you have to dismantle the whole "collective identity of the UK" thing anyway, which kind of pulls the concept of British hospitality into question?

I don't know, but I do know that I myself want to welcome these people with open arms, though I understand people's worries.
Hear you go, this charity are looking for foster homes for the recently arrived children
http://www.refugeesathome.org/host/index.html
Please keep me informed of your progress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back