Queues in Liverpool to sign Cilla's book of condolences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some of the comments on that article are a bit embarrassing in hindsight:

limpanatella Voterapathy
8 Nov 2011 15:59
62 63

'umble? He 'ad a flat in Scarborough too!

Joking apart, the press tried for years to dig up any dirt on him, and never found any. "You're fishing in an empty lake" as Jimmy is reputed to have said to a tabloid editor he was golfing with.

RIP Sir James of Jangle.

Northernbloke
8 Nov 2011 16:00
46 47
On the whole a thoroughly decent and generous human being. Pity there arent a few more around these days. A top bloke.

roastpudding
8 Nov 2011 16:16
41 42
The newspapers dug for years and years, to try to find any dirt on Savile, offering huge amounts of money, tapping phones etc; and they could never find any.

That says it all.

:oops::oops::oops::oops:
Hold on. This forum is worse than ANYWHERE for people going OTT & mourning like mad when random people croak it. It'd be just as interesting reading dragging that particular thread up!!!!!

Bring her home.
Surprise, surprise. Fantastic timing. Just before the start of the Anfield grieving season.
Black armbands at Stoke on Sunday, with a minute's applause on 72 mins? It's on Sky so everyone can wallow in the grief. Then we can go through it all again when the dippers have their first home game.

She loved Liverpool so much, and loved this country so much, she fucked off to spain when money and commitments allowed her to leave.

It's a bit like Sean Connery is a massive supporter of Scottish independence but he's not lived there in decades.

I reckon he will be gone before xmas, didnt look well the last time I saw him

Saw Sonia at the Palladium when she ruined Grease for me and our lass, Shane Ritchie played a great part, she ruined the whole show

She was more than well paid for what she did. Simples.

Can't understand this issue that people have with money. It is like the presence of money makes the difference as to whether you love that person or hate that person. If they have money they are hated and if they don't they are loved. I am sure you would give every penny of a lottery win to charity.

So if she was poor would that have made a difference to how she was and is viewed on here?

Champion, can't abide the obnoxious Scottish scrunt.

Do you ever stop?! Always a reason for being glad if someone famous dies with people from Sunderland.

Last edited:
He probably feels the same about you. Or he would if you amounted to anything.
You're probably correct, however I'm not an obnoxious *star* with an agenda against England who comes across as very self centred, with the occasional flirt with patriotism just to keep the porridge munchers happy.

I concede that my remark regarding him was a little insensitive and a bit distasteful, I still however dislike the bloke with a vengeance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back