Queues in Liverpool to sign Cilla's book of condolences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expect to hear;
"She's a Scouse girl our Cilla"
"She's one of our own"
"You can take the girl out of Liverpool but you can't take girl out of Liverpool"
"Here Mister would you like to by some candles?"

Some of the comments on that article are a bit embarrassing in hindsight:

limpanatella Voterapathy
8 Nov 2011 15:59
62 63

'umble? He 'ad a flat in Scarborough too!

Joking apart, the press tried for years to dig up any dirt on him, and never found any. "You're fishing in an empty lake" as Jimmy is reputed to have said to a tabloid editor he was golfing with.

RIP Sir James of Jangle.

Northernbloke
8 Nov 2011 16:00
46 47
On the whole a thoroughly decent and generous human being. Pity there arent a few more around these days. A top bloke.

roastpudding
8 Nov 2011 16:16
41 42
The newspapers dug for years and years, to try to find any dirt on Savile, offering huge amounts of money, tapping phones etc; and they could never find any.

That says it all.

:oops::oops::oops::oops:

The city that, more than any other, loves to mourn.

She kept the accent but hardly lived there for over fifty fuckin' years. If they burn her it'll take ages for all that wax to melt. One thing you can say about her, she got by with a little help from her friends !!

I'm sure this would happen in any other town/city if they had lost 'one of their own' who had made it good
really? What happened in Newcastle when Alan Hull died? Lindisfarne were bigger in Newcastle than cilla slack was in Liverpool given that he still lived up here and she lived in Berkshire or somewhere with her other Liverpool hotdogs like Jimmy fuckin' Tarbuck et al. Plastic scousers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bet there's a few programmed be cancelled tonight to repeat surprise surprise or Blind date

Its times like this that make me grateful I don't have access to British TV - the O F F button would be firmly pressed! ) the sight of the usual suspects driveling on like "Tarbie" McCartney,Mcartney's cousins, Tarbie's daughter, The Swinging Blue Jeans, The Spinners and any other tosser that no one has heard of for 30 years 'cos they're all living "Daan Saaf" would drive me insane! Surprise! Surprise! Your date's Blind !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back