Questions/Talk that doesn't warrant a new thread, thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Ordered a 16" pizza and it tasted like shite so had some peanut butter ice cream instead. Was way behind on my calories

Do you just scran a pizza if you haven't had many calories?

Please say yes

Do you just scran a pizza if you haven't had many calories?

Please say yes

Typically, especially right now where I'm trying to get my lifting belt to be a bit more snug.

No more of that when I start dieting properly next month :lol:

Beltless conventional deadlift PR. Will post a video and criticisms of it later. Really not happy but it's a PR and haven't pulled conventional in a few months

This is probably a long shot but does anyone know a decent gym in central Manchester? I was a member of Virgin Active in printworks but they've sold to Nuffield (gave me a days notice of this - the bastards).
Thinking of the puregym for the price but not sure if there's enough equipment (doing stronglifts so need squat rack and olympic bars)

This is probably a long shot but does anyone know a decent gym in central Manchester? I was a member of Virgin Active in printworks but they've sold to Nuffield (gave me a days notice of this - the bastards).
Thinking of the puregym for the price but not sure if there's enough equipment (doing stronglifts so need squat rack and olympic bars)

There's a bloke who was/is doing a seminar with Dan Green in Manchester. Will ask him for you

I imagine Manchester is awash with plenty of good gyms if I'm honest.

I imagine Manchester is awash with plenty of good gyms if I'm honest.
Hope so, all I seem to find on google is health clubs though. I know I was at Virgin previously but that was actually really well stocked for what it was. There's a decent pay as you go gym near where I live, but I prefer to go to the gym on my dinnerbreak.

Hope so, all I seem to find on google is health clubs though. I know I was at Virgin previously but that was actually really well stocked for what it was. There's a decent pay as you go gym near where I live, but I prefer to go to the gym on my dinnerbreak.

I skip out shortly after lunch Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and just work late on those days (I'm quite lucky and can decide my own hours, my job doesn't involve customers). My place, whilst not a commercial, is extremely popular (it's the only serious weight training gym in central Norwich as far as I know) so gets packed after work. Whilst I do like the busy atmosphere I just don't have the time to wait for machines at the minute and the parking nearby is shite. The 'after lunch crowd' is a good bunch though and the powerlifiting area is adjacent to the MMA mats which have private lessons throughout the day so there's still a lot of bustle and noise.

Definitely try to avoid health clubs/commericals though. They're bloody thieves and a bad environment for training.

Edit - Fuck knows why I said machines. I'm yet to use a machine in my current gym :lol:

Last edited:
I skip out shortly after lunch Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and just work late on those days (I'm quite lucky and can decide my own hours, my job doesn't involve customers). My place, whilst not a commercial, is extremely popular (it's the only serious weight training gym in central Norwich as far as I know) so gets packed after work. Whilst I do like the busy atmosphere I just don't have the time to wait for machines at the minute and the parking nearby is shite. The 'after lunch crowd' is a good bunch though and the powerlifiting area is adjacent to the MMA mats which have private lessons throughout the day so there's still a lot of bustle and noise.

Definitely try to avoid health clubs/commericals though. They're bloody thieves and a bad environment for training.

Edit - Fuck knows why I said machines. I'm yet to use a machine in my current gym :lol:
I love being able to train during the day, if I had to motivate myself to go after work and fight the crowds I doubt I'd ever go.

I prefer the gym to be empty, but that's probably because I'm used to health club gym goers who love to curl in the squat rack and leave loaded barbells wherever they've been.

What qualifications do you actually need to work at a gym? Leisure centre gym in this instance. Fuck all I'm presuming? This lass who works there just walks into the weight room starts talking bollocks how she daren't lift weights cos she will get massive, and how she is only looking to loose weight from her stomach which is killing her as she hates doing 100s of crunches. Surely some level of intelligence is required?

What qualifications do you actually need to work at a gym? Leisure centre gym in this instance. Fuck all I'm presuming? This lass who works there just walks into the weight room starts talking bollocks how she daren't lift weights cos she will get massive, and how she is only looking to loose weight from her stomach which is killing her as she hates doing 100s of crunches. Surely some level of intelligence is required?

Probably level 2 fitness instructor or level 3 personal trainer. The content or both seems to be college level stuff.

It would be fantastic to see greater standards set, but it's just not going to happen.

Next time you see her throw a dumbbell at her head for me please.

160 x 10 squat today (no wraps). Had a couple reps in the tank. No spotter. Pretty happy given I'm not used to the Powerlift shoes yet and used them.

Just looking at the nutritional info on my favourite food to binge/snack on, the mighty fish finger.

I like this - 3.3g protein, 3.9g carbs, 2.6g fat and 55 calories per finger. I have ten per sitting as a minimum, 3 of them in a sandwich with mayo and lettuce and the others dipped in salad cream.

Praise Jesus for fish fingers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back