Questions/Talk that doesn't warrant a new thread, thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random question: what is more important, weight used or time under tension?

I read a rich piana blog thing where he says most people should drop the weight, slow the rep down and focus on squeezing the muscles being used. I'm guessing this would be just as intense as using the heavy weight anyway. Would you get better visible results by doing this?

I read a rich piana blog thing where he says most people should drop the weight, slow the rep down and focus on squeezing the muscles being used. I'm guessing this would be just as intense as using the heavy weight anyway. Would you get better visible results by doing this?
Depends on what you're training for surely. Sounds like bodybuilding training. If you want to be a good powerlifter you're better off lifting as powerfully and as quickly as you can whilst maintaining good form.

Going to be able to train at a gym in Twickenham with Olympic platforms etc AND Genesis gym from September. Class.

Volume (reps x sets x weight) is right at the top of the hierarchy of importance.

Although Rich Piana's supplement use doesn't make his opinion irrelevant, bare in mind that the amount of things he uses just completely offsets regular physiology that applies to most people. What he is saying has some truth; many people use shit form and would benefit from lowering the weight and focusing on using form that utilises the muscles you intend to train, but don't perform retardedly slow reps and lose sight of progressively increasing volume over time.

I had some hot burritos last night so I'm expecting to be 'loose' this morning :eek:

:lol:

Ordered a 16" pizza and it tasted like shite so had some peanut butter ice cream instead. Was way behind on my calories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back