Pickford's future

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see Liverpool testing your resolve in January. 'Keeper is their weakest area and they can afford to pay the premium for a domestic, top-flight player. Would Pickford honestly stay at Sunderland if Klopp was able to promise him Champions League football next year, title challenges, presumably a pay rise and the chance to play alongside the likes of Coutinho, Henderson et al?

We need to come out with some Mag like shite that we value him at £50M, but don't want to lose him as he is part of our long term plans; seems to work well for them.

I could see Liverpool testing your resolve in January. 'Keeper is their weakest area and they can afford to pay the premium for a domestic, top-flight player. Would Pickford honestly stay at Sunderland if Klopp was able to promise him Champions League football next year, title challenges, presumably a pay rise and the chance to play alongside the likes of Coutinho, Henderson et al?

I would suspect it would largely come down to how big the offer/s were. I suspect if Liverpool make an offer it may prompt 1 or 2 more from elsewhere. I would imagine if big enough the club would be encouraging Pickford to go. The bonus for him would be all the rest you have posted Sad but true.

He's been outstanding for us so far - but then he's busy.

His concentration hasn't been tested yet - when playing for a team where you only called up once or twice, that's the measure of a top keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back