Phil Bardsley Appreciation Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

highs and lows from the lad but thanks for the highs....i.e. goal away in the semi final....lows wise less said the better, I will give credit mind the way he battled back after being exiled by PDC

Thanks Phil

Poor today I thought. Best of for all concerned if he finds another club IMHO. Nowt against the lad but sometimes you can stay too long.

They all do to be honest. We have handed out shit loads of money to no end of horse-piss players and they generally do as little as they can get away with, safe in the knowledge that they are made for life.
We have just escaped relegation but obviously the club have learnt very little. We will be fighting relegation again if we give limited players like Bardsley & co new contracts you are spot on .

Loads of people on twitter wanting him to sign a new contract. Genuinely surprised that so many would want him back.

We have just escaped relegation but obviously the club have learnt very little. We will be fighting relegation again if we give limited players like Bardsley & co new contracts you are spot on .
Aye. Its an inescapable truth that many from this bunch of players suddenly found an extra gear when it really mattered at the end of the season, after coasting for much of it. Its great that they pulled us through in the end, but the situation leaves a bit of a bad taste to be honest. If I thought that Short had it in him to replace most of the first team with decent players then I'd be up for a complete rebuild over the summer, but I cant see it and I expect yet again next season we will be back fighting for our PL survival and bemoaning the first team as below-standard, as we have this season.

Aye. Its an inescapable truth that many from this bunch of players suddenly found an extra gear when it really mattered at the end of the season, after coasting for much of it. Its great that they pulled us through in the end, but the situation leaves a bit of a bad taste to be honest. If I thought that Short had it in him to replace most of the first team with decent players then I'd be up for a complete rebuild over the summer, but I cant see it and I expect yet again next season we will be back fighting for our PL survival and bemoaning the first team as below-standard, as we have this season.
You are 100% right nothing will change it will just be groundhog day all over again next season. We will have speculation about signings get exited then be deflated when they dont come off when we all know the club has no intention of signing players who will ensure we have what it takes to move up a level.

I find some of the comments on here in pretty poor taste tbh.
A limited defender, who was quite often a driving force in the team.
Made a stupid mistake, but his performances since he came back - man city in his first game - Man U away, mags away etc - were ful of determination and he never hid.
I'm glad he's going, but wish him well.
Fuck him. Average player. Hid as much as he didn't. Only a wanker would laugh at hiz employers.

Should of never bit the hand that fed him, after he did fans were never the same with him, the respect had gone and rightly so.
Thanks for your time ,Now fuck off Phillip.

At least the real fans appreciate Bardo's efforts and the opinion of the internet warriors on here means fuck all. We voted him POTY once, runner up another time and he has scored some of the most remembered goals in SAFC's recent history. :cool:

Sunderland wont miss him. These last six games have proved that.

The only people who will miss him are the ones fooled by his fist pumping and mythical "110%" effort/attitude.

Thank you Phil for that goal at Old Trafford though, that is something i will never forget.

A balanced view -

He has certainly been a player who has given his all and for that he has my thanks. His goal at OT led to a wonderful Wembley weekend. I also have fond memories of a few other goals he has scored, most notably at Goodison in the FA cup.

However - he doesn't have the quality we need. He gives the ball away far too easily and ball watches often.

Time to move on. The fact that he takes with him a wheelbarrow full of cash doesn't differentiate him from many limited players who have done the same in the last decade. Hardly his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back