Phil Bardsley Appreciation Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people with very short memories. In the past 6 seasons he has been a very loyal servant and always gives 100% on the pitch as a full back he's also chipped in with some very important goals along the way which we just don't get from defenders at SAFC. Wears his heart on his sleeve and give it his all every time he pulled on the Sunderland shirt. I'd certainly rather have one Phil Bardsley than 2 lazy bastards who couldn't give a fuck.

If you're reading this which I doubt; all the best Phil you'll certainly get applause from me any time you return

A balanced view -

He has certainly been a player who has given his all and for that he has my thanks. His goal at OT led to a wonderful Wembley weekend. I also have fond memories of a few other goals he has scored, most notably at Goodison in the FA cup.

However - he doesn't have the quality we need. He gives the ball away far too easily and ball watches often.

Time to move on. The fact that he takes with him a wheelbarrow full of cash doesn't differentiate him from many limited players who have done the same in the last decade. Hardly his fault.
I disagree he gives his all, especially in more recent times.

He gives his all to get forward and have a shot from 35 yards, but when the attack inevitably breaks down afterwards he either just stands looking perplexed that the ball hasn't gone into the top corner or just strolls back while the opposition counter attack. I really, really hope we come up against him next season.

A lot of people with very short memories. In the past 6 seasons he has been a very loyal servant and always gives 100% on the pitch as a full back he's also chipped in with some very important goals along the way which we just don't get from defenders at SAFC. Wears his heart on his sleeve and give it his all every time he pulled on the Sunderland shirt. I'd certainly rather have one Phil Bardsley than 2 lazy bastards who couldn't give a fuck.

If you're reading this which I doubt; all the best Phil you'll certainly get applause from me any time you return
A loyal servant ffs :lol:

He's on 30k a week and has probably only stayed this long because any other clubs interested would be put off by his wages for a poor player.

At least the real fans appreciate Bardo's efforts and the opinion of the internet warriors on here means fuck all. We voted him POTY once, runner up another time and he has scored some of the most remembered goals in SAFC's recent history. :cool:
The above is the Knob jockeys view.
Was at fault for the 1st and 3rd goal yesterday , inbetween that he managed his usual wank off target shots from outside the box instead of passing to more gifted players.
Been repeating the above process for years.
Good riddance.

and laughs when we get beat. That eclipses his fist pumping and shit positional sense.

Looks like our marauding full back is leaving us after 6 long years.

Just think we should take a moment to appreciate his contribution over the past seasons...

take it you weren't at the semi final then?

embarrassing

Ill take a moment to appreciate just how shit he was today whilst im at it

hope you also do the same for vergini and bridcutt, who were considerably worse

2. Next Question.

Bridcutt is f***ing awful like I'm sorry.
He was poor yesterday, but whenever he made a mistake he busted a gut to try and rectify it, but he was poor. Vergini was fine. As for two goals then I'll have to watch match of the day after work for clarification...

A balanced view -

He has certainly been a player who has given his all and for that he has my thanks. His goal at OT led to a wonderful Wembley weekend. I also have fond memories of a few other goals he has scored, most notably at Goodison in the FA cup.

However - he doesn't have the quality we need. He gives the ball away far too easily and ball watches often.

Time to move on. The fact that he takes with him a wheelbarrow full of cash doesn't differentiate him from many limited players who have done the same in the last decade. Hardly his fault.

I agree a lot of effort but little quality.

Just be glad when he goes, will feel like we are actually trying to rebuild the correct way.

If Poyet tries to keep him, then Poyet will go down in my estimations.

He was poor yesterday, but whenever he made a mistake he busted a gut to try and rectify it, but he was poor. Vergini was fine. As for two goals then I'll have to watch match of the day after work for clarification...

I'm not doubting his effort, but he isn't good enough.

No problem with Vergini, but he had a shocker yesterday

I agree a lot of effort but little quality.

Just be glad when he goes, will feel like we are actually trying to rebuild the correct way.

If Poyet tries to keep him, then Poyet will go down in my estimations.

well he is trying to keep him, thats a fact

The best thing to come of this is that I'll never have to grind my teeth seeing him or Craig Gardner in a Sunderland shirt again...

Brought some brilliant moments but also some terrible ones. Thanks for the memories but you can leave now. Hold the door open for Celustka, Westwood, Cuellar, Gardner, etc

100% effort?

He turned his fking back on Bony(unless I'm blind and it was someone else) yesterday and jumped like a puff, if that's 100% effort then you can stick it up your arse.

:lol::lol::lol:

Bardsley has got by in his time here on the idea that he gives his all and is a warrior - its a complete myth man.

He tries to be an attacking full back but forgets to actually return to his position.

Do we hate him again now?

I'd say he's one of the 4 Gus is going to keep and in fairness to Bardsley, he returned from the instagram debacle to have a pretty good season.

The poor performance yesterday has over shadowed what has been quite a good season for him really....baring yesterday and his first game back ( prob no coincidence both followed a spell out of the team) he has been mainly very solid. If he doesn't stay here then I'v no doubt he'll be playing his trade in the premiership for the next few seasons anyway. Wouldn't mind seeing him stay around but wouldn't lose any sleep if he does either..in general he's a 7 out of tenner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back