People still living with parents when they're over 20?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Washing, ironing, cooking done etc done for you and saves at very least £300 a month.

Shagging birds when you want, not having to worry about telling people where you are, partys. Nah, think I'd rather have my own place.

Moved out when I was 17. Why you want to be living with your rents passed 18 is beyond me.

A huge upside to living with your parents for young people is being able to go out in town every weekend. Loved the regular lost weekends and the lads holidays I had from being 18-21, which I wouldn't have been able to do had I moved out straight away.

Let's face it, it's a lot easier for kids to stay at home with parents these days. A lot easier to give your folks board money and let them worry about paying for leccy, council tax, insurance etc, then just spend the rest of your cash on yourself. I'm surprised more don't do it tbh ;)

I'm 25 and moved out about 2 years ago when I found a job in Manchester. It's great and that but I wish I still lived with my parents. Used to go out 3 times a week, now I'm lucky if I get one night out a month.

What I will say is my Dad is a magnificent chef.. I on the other hand...

...is that you in your avatar?

I'm 25 and moved out about 2 years ago when I found a job in Manchester. It's great and that but I wish I still lived with my parents. Used to go out 3 times a week, now I'm lucky if I get one night out a month.

You're 25 and live in Manchester and you wish you still lived with your f***ing mam and dad :oops::oops:

Do you not think there's more to life than how many nights you can go out on the drink?

Moved out at 21, to Leeds. Now, i'm all for moving out and everything but i'm quite lucky that i can afford it. I'm on a placement year currently (looking for it to be permanent and finish my degree part time) and my wage which I dont mind saying is just over £16k for the year. After paying rent (£430p/m) and my car (£140p/m, my parents pay my insurance as my 21st birthday present) then approx £25p/w shopping you're not left with a lot. Then take into account wanting to go to sunderland games or nights out with mates etc you really start to struggle sometimes. But, what people don't understand is that alot of placement students would be lucky to get £16k a year. So when I see people still living at home at my age or older I really see why, unless you're settled into a relatively well paid job its very hard.

I lived at home until 26
My dad had died and my mother worked in London, I was left to rough it in a huge house in Cleadon on my own.
Would you have moved out??

Shagging birds when you want, not having to worry about telling people where you are, partys. Nah, think I'd rather have my own place.
Can do that at home and I am 29, so dont need to tell parents where I am or what I am doing.

Can do that at home and I am 29, so dont need to tell parents where I am or what I am doing.

So you'd bring a bird back to ya mam and dads house then?

I'm not fishing here, i'm genuinely interested how the chemistry of a grown adult living with their parents works. Do you do your own food shopping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back