Pearce Leaving Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obviously I know the forest job has nothing to do with the FA - I'm talking about why people generally have little or no respect for him.
Yes he was a committed player for England but he has now become known more for his years of free meal tickets aboard the FA gravy train. It's not so much me enjoying to see him fail, it's more an inevitable confirmation of my opinion that he is a crap manager who, despite being horrendous for the England set up, managed to bleed a very decent wage from the FA for years. In doing so he underwent an image change from the Sex Pistols loving, anti-establishment 'Psycho' to a clueless, meek, suit-wearing puppet of the FA.
I can't speak for others but this is how I see him.
How did he bleed a living from the FA?
I don't imagine there'd have been anyone prouder than Pearce to be representing his country and I don't doubt he would have tried his damnedest to succeed.
If the FA believe he is the right man for the job again that not pearces fault.
I never thought he was the answer as a manager but just because my opinion looks to be correct doesn't mean I'm enjoying the demise of a bloke who I really enjoyed watching whilst growing up.

I take your point about the English game needing to focus on talent and technical ability rather than traditional heart and passion of course I do,could not agree more with that point.

But think unfair to put Pearce in just the heart and passion category,he was much more than that.

Not often we on a different page regarding how good a player is but think we are on this one mate.

Whatever his character and how people like him,Stuart Pearce was a quality quality footballer.
Obviously don't rate him as high as you but you do have a vested interest in him :) ;)

Obviously don't rate him as high as you but you do have a vested interest in him :)

Possibly?

How did he bleed a living from the FA?
I don't imagine there'd have been anyone prouder than Pearce to be representing his country and I don't doubt he would have tried his damnedest to succeed.
If the FA believe he is the right man for the job again that not pearces fault.
I never thought he was the answer as a manager but just because my opinion looks to be correct doesn't mean I'm enjoying the demise of a bloke who I really enjoyed watching whilst growing up.

Yeah agree what did people want him to do ,turn down a job offer at the FA

Nottingham Facts ‏@NottsFacts 1h1 hour ago
Stuart Pearce has rejected an offer from @fawaz_alhasawi1 for him to remain at #nffc as a steward, wearing a jacket reading 'Steward Pearce'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back