Pearce Leaving Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact he was so highly regarded by our esteemed FA shows what a clusterfuck our national game is.

Old boys network = archaic shithouses.

But its ok we're gonna win the World Cup in 2018 or 2022....

He did give a 100% but some of the tackles he put in were a disgrace but laughed off cos 'pyscho' done them

Never a particular huge fan of his in his playing days and always thought he came across as a delusion bellied in management. He is the type of character that the English game wants to be getting away from if we are to make a mark on the world stage. All fist pump and heart instead of thought process and guile.

It was a disgrace that he was sitting next to Capello at the 2010 world cup

Quality player was Pearce mind he had plenty of process and guile,you make he sound like a thug.

Anyone who has the character to take a pen in a shoutout after missing one previously in a World Cup semi final is not what you want to be getting away from IMO.

In big moments you need people to stand up to the pressure,there is difference between that and all heart and fist pump

He did give a 100% but some of the tackles he put in were a disgrace but laughed off cos 'pyscho' done them

Never a particular huge fan of his in his playing days and always thought he came across as a delusion bellied in management. He is the type of character that the English game wants to be getting away from if we are to make a mark on the world stage. All fist pump and heart instead of thought process and guile.

It was a disgrace that he was sitting next to Capello at the 2010 world cup
He was a bit more than just fist pump and heart mind he was a very good player.
As for tackles he played in an era when tackles were still allowed and he certainly wasn't the only one guilty of putting the odd naughty one in.
Perhaps he shouldn't have been on the coaching staff in 2010 but again it's hardly a reason to dislike him.

As for tackles he played in an era when tackles were still allowed and he certainly wasn't the only one guilty of putting the odd naughty one in.
Perhaps he shouldn't have been on the coaching staff in 2010 but again it's hardly a reason to dislike him.

That's spot on that you are right should have been no where near coaching staff in 2010,but he was a quality player without a shadow of a doubt.

Quality player was Pearce mind he had plenty of process and guile,you make he sound like a thug.

Anyone who has the character to take a pen in a shoutout after missing one previously in a World Cup semi final is not what you want to be getting away from IMO.

In big moments you need people to stand up to the pressure,there is difference between that and all heart and fist pump

Tbf I was talking about his management style when I mentioned fist pump and heart.

He was a good player no doubt. I wouldn't say he was very creative player mind. Be interested to know if any big teams came in for him when he played for Forest

The first pump and heart was a reference to his management style

Tbf I was talking about his management style when I mentioned fist pump and heart.

He was a good player no doubt. I wouldn't say he was very creative player mind. Be interested to know if any big teams came in for him when he played for Forest

He was a creative player mind,he was a very forward playing full back who set up loads and loads of goals from full back not to mention plenty of free kicks curled into the top corner.

The first pump and heart was a reference to his management style
Again I think that's an easy thing to throw at somebody who wears his heart on his sleeve.
I'm not saying he's a good manager by any means but a man who's played at the top level won't exactly be clueless when it comes to the tactical side of game.

He was a creative player mind,he was a very forward playing full back who set up loads and loads of goals from full back not to mention plenty of free kicks curled into the top corner.

Fair point, maybe I have under estimated a tad how good he was

I still think he is a bellend mind and quite pleased to see him fail and management;)

The English game needs to move away from his ilk

Again I think that's an easy thing to throw at somebody who wears his heart on his sleeve.
I'm not saying he's a good manager by any means but a man who's played at the top level won't exactly be clueless when it comes to the tactical side of game.

Paul Merson, I rest my case;)

I still think he is a bellend mind and quite pleased to see him fail and management;)

Paul Merson, I rest my case;)
Even he will still have a fair idea in how to set a side up.
Problem with someone like Merson and probably a lot of other top players is that they perhaps lack the vernacular to get their point across.

Think you're mistaking being a sicophantic yes man for someone who is genuinely proud to be representing his country.
His role within the FA had nothing to do with his appointment at Forest. That was a move made with the best intentions by the owner and it hasn't come off.
Would be nice to see some of the current crop of England players play with the same desire he did in his career.

Obviously I know the forest job has nothing to do with the FA - I'm talking about why people generally have little or no respect for him.
Yes he was a committed player for England but he has now become known more for his years of free meal tickets aboard the FA gravy train. It's not so much me enjoying to see him fail, it's more an inevitable confirmation of my opinion that he is a crap manager who, despite being horrendous for the England set up, managed to bleed a very decent wage from the FA for years. In doing so he underwent an image change from the Sex Pistols loving, anti-establishment 'Psycho' to a clueless, meek, suit-wearing puppet of the FA.
I can't speak for others but this is how I see him.

I take your point about the English game needing to focus on talent and technical ability rather than traditional heart and passion of course I do,could not agree more with that point.

But think unfair to put Pearce in just the heart and passion category,he was much more than that.

Not often we on a different page regarding how good a player is but think we are on this one mate.

Whatever his character and how people like him,Stuart Pearce was a quality quality footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back