Pearce Leaving Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Mills was explaining his side of things re. City. Coming back from a broken leg, in training and had only just started running for 3 days. Pearce wanted him in the squad, Mills said I'm not fit enough to play a game. Pearce said you'll never play for me again.
To me that indicates the fella is a shambles of a manager who keeps landing jobs based on his reputation as a player, not in the role he is being hired for.

Not denying that we should be doing better than we are but on paper at least, Forest have one of the best squads in the Championship.

Yep, half joking in jest really, but shows that you he is right to be under some pressure, nothing a matter with being under pressure at big clubs.

One of the worst managers in my lifetime.

Played David James upfront, his 1st spell at Forrest saw him pick a team with 12 players in it. His wife had to point his mistake out to him.

Legend or not, he is one of the worst and tactically inept 'managers' out there and should not be a manager of a club who are in the top 2 tiers.

Amazes me how he still gets decent jobs.

He did a shite job with Man City, then struggled with the u21s. Went to Forest and they should be easily Play Offs but yet he doesn't know his best team and their form is woeful.

Danny Mills was explaining his side of things re. City. Coming back from a broken leg, in training and had only just started running for 3 days. Pearce wanted him in the squad, Mills said I'm not fit enough to play a game. Pearce said you'll never play for me again.
To me that indicates the fella is a shambles of a manager who keeps landing jobs based on his reputation as a player, not in the role he is being hired for.

Got to say mind Danny Mills does not strike me as a reliable source.

Not surprised he has been sacked. Loved him as a player but agree with those who say he has had a managerial career based on his reputation.

His autobiography/biography (can't remember which) is worth a read just for the start when he talks about the penalty shoot out in Italia 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back