Pathetic Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know/care whether you are a Mag or just gullible, having bought 12 players and five alone accounting for £35m that is just utter dross.
First game at Roker 1973 chief
Over £1 billion spent in this window on the vast majority piss poor players I hate this transfer window shit

Players the OP has not seen play yet we are worse?

Wail wail wail.

When you consider that we have been in the Premiership consecutivley now for 10 years or so I dont think permanent signings of Djilobodji, Love, McNair, N'Dong and Pienaar are good enough to steer us away from where we always have been, no.

The jury is out on N'Dong, Nobody has seen him play, Pienaar is steady away but no better or worse than what the majority of other clubs have brought in.

Love, McNair errrrrm we'll see.

From SAFC once again, Not enough quality signed and almost guaranteed to be in another relegation scrap come May.

How anyone can defend Short time and time and time again baffles me. I have heard so many times 'we would be nowhere without him', complete guesswork and HE was the one who decided to buy a football club, He wasnt forced to. Completely unorganised scratting around until the last minute to try and salvage something is absolutely embarrasing.

Love, McNair, Janujaz (LOAN), Denayer (LOAN), Manquillo (LOAN), Djilobodji and N'Dong.

Out of that entire list not one player has real Premiership experience, something that was mentioned time and time and time again by the club once the window had opened.

We have failed to address a goalkeeper issue and we have a 33 year old as our only fit recognised striker. If he ends up injured we are relying on Asoro and Watmore until a hardly prolific Borini returns to fitness. We have clubs like Bournemouth, Watford, Palace, Boro, West Brom and Burnley with second choice strikers better than anything we have after Defoe.

Looks like we have learnt absolutely bot all from previous windows bringing in more stop gaps that will need replacing as usual next summer. If someone had said the players above would be our summer signings not one person would have accepted it and you would have laughed in their face.

Even if we bring M'Vila in this late in the window its a complete pisstake how we have had to wait this long having previously agreed a fee last summer.

Moyes, We need another miracle and we arent even out of August yet, Dont let any happy clapper make you think otherwise.

Hope you bookmark this, fanny.

Listen, if you believe that the loans we've undertaken this transfer window are with a view to move away from a dependence on loans - and we'll gradually replace them with permanent signings, then I'm totally on board. The fact we've persistently used them as much as possible, under different managers, different directors of football etc., makes me think we use them because of a decision made in senior management that they're cheaper. But if we genuinely use them to compensate for poor spending, and then sort it out down the line, I agree that's sensible. But I really suspect that's not the intention behind our use of loans.

Can't you see that we only end up relying on loans as it were, because our buying in the past has been so dreadfully poor? Even so we only loan like other clubs. We aren't going to move away from loans, no club in our position does or should. What we need to do is buy smarter and then utilise the loans. That then aids our progression. The loan system is here to stay, other clubs use it - why on earth would we not want to take advantage of that??

The loans just aren't our problem. Wasting millions upon millions on players from Gardner, Fletcher, Graham, Altidore, Scocco, Bridcutt, buckley, Lens, Coates, Rodwell, Matthews, Mavrias, Karlsson, Giaccherini possibly Alvarez etc etc etc - we get next to no value from them and then move them on at a loss. And we're supposed to think that two or three loans a season, that come here mostly doing well and aren't tied to our wage budget empting the pot for wages for three or four seasons are one of our main problems, when they buy us a season to get the right player in as well?? Give me a break man.

First game at Roker 1973 chief
Over £1 billion spent in this window on the vast majority piss poor players I hate this transfer window shit

fair enough - nee offence meant mate - it's just pissing me off that the mags are putting out this story that they are massively in profit from trades when it is utter bullshit as someone demonstrated earlier. Holding out for last second striker for us....

.... and the buys this window havent been good enough either have they? Or are you telling me permanent signings of Love, McNair, Djilobodji, NDong and Pienaar are good enough to change the utter shite we have endured for the past 6 years?

I don't know, do you?

I think Djiloboji looks the part, Ndong - who knows, comes highly rated and Pienaar is purely short term. Only time will tell with McNair and Love, but they've had a poor start in a weakened team. If the first two prove to be good signings then it's a massive improvement on recent years.

I agree with the OP. Sadly as long as that clueless wanker Short is in charge this will be the norm.

Non
fair enough - nee offence meant mate - it's just pissing me off that the mags are putting out this story that they are massively in profit from trades when it is utter bullshit as someone demonstrated earlier. Holding out for last second striker for us....
Non taken

Won't be so bad when we get the players back that are injured. I would have liked us to push the boat out on a striker though to score us the goals with Defoe but if we can manage to get to January with points on the board we can bring in a few then. Got a decent defence, Papy looks solid alone with Kone and that new RB looked decent also when he played so I have faith in the defence. Ndong, Kirchoff, Cattermole possibly M'Vila in middle is quality and Januzaj, Khazri out wide. Just wait and see how we play before we panic, along way to go yet.

I don't know, do you?

I think Djiloboji looks the part, Ndong - who knows, comes highly rated and Pienaar is purely short term. Only time will tell with McNair and Love, but they've had a poor start in a weakened team. If the first two prove to be good signings then it's a massive improvement on recent years.

I just believe with the business other clubs have made compared to ours we are falling behind year on year.

Can't you see that we only end up relying on loans as it were, because our buying in the past has been so dreadfully poor? Even so we only loan like other clubs. We aren't going to move away from loans, no club in our position does or should. What we need to do is buy smarter and then utilise the loans. That then aids our progression. The loan system is here to stay, other clubs use it - why on earth would we not want to take advantage of that??

The loans just aren't our problem. Wasting millions upon millions on players from Gardner, Fletcher, Graham, Altidore, Scocco, Bridcutt, buckley, Lens, Coates, Rodwell, Matthews, Mavrias, Karlsson, Giaccherini possibly Alvarez etc etc etc - we get next to no value from them and then move them on at a loss. And we're supposed to think that two or three loans a season, that come here mostly doing well and aren't tied to our wage budget empting the pot for wages for three or four seasons are one of our main problems, when they buy us a season to get the right player in as well?? Give me a break man.

Loans are part of the reason we can't break the cycle though.

Yes our rubbish signings in general are the biggest factor.

But the loans leave us chasing our tails year after year.

Even if we ever get out signings right, which we did in January, we still need three major signings every year just to stand still, and that's assuming no one else leaves.

Loans obviously aren't the main reason for our struggles, but they do contribute to it by contributing the the constant instability, the need to completely restructure the side every year.

Not to mention that in many of our loans we are paying other clubs to develop their players and bring them up to speed in the premier league, putting us further behind them still.

We are in catch 22 through because we are so poor we rely on these players every year. But relying on them means we rely on another raft of new signings the year after, and we have to make some of them loans to afford them.

We will really have to break this cycle sooner or later.

I just believe with the business other clubs have made compared to ours we are falling behind year on year.

It's not ideal, but some clubs have gone summers without spending more than £5m on several permanent transfers over the last five years - the mags and Stoke to name two. We're pretty fucked financially at the moment, to the point I'm amazed we spent £13.6m today.

Very disappointing and now they've fucked Yann M'vila about.

We're also going into a Premier League season with a near 34 year-old as out only real striker.

Absolutely pathetic a striker hasn't came through the door

brutal that we've sold kaboul and used a loan on denayer instead of being able to use that loan on a striker like bony or f***ing anyone really.

would happily take sessegnon, think that'd still be possible, out of contract iirc?

Appears we've fucked M'Vila around despite thinking it must have been a windup as we couldn't be that stupid, Oh .. :lol:

Stupid me through this season we might just get it right.. but no it's turned into the same old shit window, again we're been let down, We really should have known better as when our new manager came out after only two games and told the footballing world we will be in a relegation battle we should have all known how this day was going to pan out....

Fingers crossed our young lads in the squad step up and become superstars as we're got very little else to look forward to...He's to another relegation battle lads....

PS Good luck to our new Record transfer signing as I hate to say this but you'll need it....

Same old with Sunderland. Biggest ££ TV deal ever yet we've had a summer net spend of 16 million, (2 players brought in aren't ours). We've let so many leave, squad is weaker, and we've got 1 proper striker. Said it time and time again that the club is owned by a clown with puppets working for him. We've had long enough to sign a striker and weve failed massively. Absolutely no excuses for this pathetic summer window business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back