Pathetic Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
From SAFC once again, Not enough quality signed and almost guaranteed to be in another relegation scrap come May.

How anyone can defend Short time and time and time again baffles me. I have heard so many times 'we would be nowhere without him', complete guesswork and HE was the one who decided to buy a football club, He wasnt forced to. Completely unorganised scratting around until the last minute to try and salvage something is absolutely embarrasing.

Love, McNair, Janujaz (LOAN), Denayer (LOAN), Manquillo (LOAN), Djilobodji and N'Dong.

Out of that entire list not one player has real Premiership experience, something that was mentioned time and time and time again by the club once the window had opened.

We have failed to address a goalkeeper issue and we have a 33 year old as our only fit recognised striker. If he ends up injured we are relying on Asoro and Watmore until a hardly prolific Borini returns to fitness. We have clubs like Bournemouth, Watford, Palace, Boro, West Brom and Burnley with second choice strikers better than anything we have after Defoe.

Looks like we have learnt absolutely bot all from previous windows bringing in more stop gaps that will need replacing as usual next summer. If someone had said the players above would be our summer signings not one person would have accepted it and you would have laughed in their face.

Even if we bring M'Vila in this late in the window its a complete pisstake how we have had to wait this long having previously agreed a fee last summer.

Moyes, We need another miracle and we arent even out of August yet, Dont let any happy clapper make you think otherwise.

Pathetic fan

For many reasons we haven't kicked on from the glorious finish to last season. It's going to be a grind, yet again, and even if we survive it will be largely due to 3 loan signings who will never sign on permanently if they are any good.

Window hasn't closed yet
This transfer window shit is a bit like Seaham car boot pay to get in early and get a bargain / quality
Don't pay and wait all the quality is gone!!

The deal of the window goes to our mates up the road
Paid £1.8mil for a very average midfielder and flog him fo £30mil covers there window purchases some boy Cashley

Because the loan system has been a stop gap for us every single season, We have never had a settled squad with a loan or two coming in to bulk the squad out. Our loanees have been pretty much bang on starters which end up us needing to fork out more money to fill a hole when they eventually nash off.

As above - nonsense. Poor buying has been the cause of every problem we have.

Who really has a settled squad, that two or three players out of a settled squad leaving affects it?

We've not bought well enough to get near a settled squad. The loans add the quality which we fail to buy in the transfer market, despite overextending ourselves doing so mostly.

This transfer window shit is a bit like Seaham car boot pay to get in early and get a bargain / quality
Don't pay and wait all the quality is gone!!

The deal of the window goes to our mates up the road
Paid £1.8mil for a very average midfielder and flog him fo £30mil covers there window purchases some boy Cashley

don't know/care whether you are a Mag or just gullible, having bought 12 players and five alone accounting for £35m that is just utter dross.

The best thing to come out of this window was to hold onto Kone. Hopefully NDong is good but to be honest I know nothing about him. McNair looks shocking. Love is young and cost peanuts. The rest are loans.

My point exactly but the dullards who will back owt the club does in the window then moan when we are in a relegation battle every year.

What is wrong with wanting more from your club? Weve been in this league for about 10
seasons consecutivley and done nowt but stunk the place out.

From SAFC once again, Not enough quality signed and almost guaranteed to be in another relegation scrap come May.

How anyone can defend Short time and time and time again baffles me. I have heard so many times 'we would be nowhere without him', complete guesswork and HE was the one who decided to buy a football club, He wasnt forced to. Completely unorganised scratting around until the last minute to try and salvage something is absolutely embarrasing.

Love, McNair, Janujaz (LOAN), Denayer (LOAN), Manquillo (LOAN), Djilobodji and N'Dong.

Out of that entire list not one player has real Premiership experience, something that was mentioned time and time and time again by the club once the window had opened.

We have failed to address a goalkeeper issue and we have a 33 year old as our only fit recognised striker. If he ends up injured we are relying on Asoro and Watmore until a hardly prolific Borini returns to fitness. We have clubs like Bournemouth, Watford, Palace, Boro, West Brom and Burnley with second choice strikers better than anything we have after Defoe.

Looks like we have learnt absolutely bot all from previous windows bringing in more stop gaps that will need replacing as usual next summer. If someone had said the players above would be our summer signings not one person would have accepted it and you would have laughed in their face.

Even if we bring M'Vila in this late in the window its a complete pisstake how we have had to wait this long having previously agreed a fee last summer.

Moyes, We need another miracle and we arent even out of August yet, Dont let any happy clapper make you think otherwise.
Logon or register to see this image

Absolutely not true. Firslty - everyone does it. Secondly it gives you, generally speaking, a year or six months to fill the position. Now over the last ten years or so we've spectacularly failed to do that on most occasions, despite spending money on it. The loans fill in for the dreadfully poor spending.

The difference now is we have a manager who has a proven record of scouting, doing homework and background checks and planning for the long term. Hence the loans now are imperative, even if they're only short term. You see the loans should be saving us money and aiding our progression - it isn't the fault of the loans they haven't in the past, it's poor recuitment. the loans are a permanent thing. You use them, replace, get in more loans and then replace and on and on.

Listen, if you believe that the loans we've undertaken this transfer window are with a view to move away from a dependence on loans - and we'll gradually replace them with permanent signings, then I'm totally on board. The fact we've persistently used them as much as possible, under different managers, different directors of football etc., makes me think we use them because of a decision made in senior management that they're cheaper. But if we genuinely use them to compensate for poor spending, and then sort it out down the line, I agree that's sensible. But I really suspect that's not the intention behind our use of loans.

As above - nonsense. Poor buying has been the cause of every problem we have.

Who really has a settled squad, that two or three players out of a settled squad leaving affects it?

We've not bought well enough to get near a settled squad. The loans add the quality which we fail to buy in the transfer market, despite overextending ourselves doing so mostly.

.... and the buys this window havent been good enough either have they? Or are you telling me permanent signings of Love, McNair, Djilobodji, NDong and Pienaar are good enough to change the utter shite we have endured for the past 6 years?

Listen, if you believe that the loans we've undertaken this transfer window are with a view to move away from a dependence on loans - and we'll gradually replace them with permanent signings, then I'm totally on board. The fact we've persistently used them as much as possible, under different managers, different directors of football etc., makes me think we use them because of a decision made in senior management that they're cheaper. But if we genuinely use them to compensate for poor spending, and then sort it out down the line, I agree that's sensible. But I really suspect that's not the intention behind our use of loans.
Bang on, Cost cutting exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back