Panini World Cup Sticker Album

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much are packs of stickers now from Newsagents?

The bairn got one of these off his nanna last weekend and it took me back to my childhood. Me and my mates always used to get the PL one every season but never managed to fill one completely. Determined to help him fill this one. Anyone else's kid collecting?
Mexico 86 is the only one I completed!!
Got me nephew and me daughter into it and of course I am aswell!!
Costing me a fortune 50p a gan for the two of them!!
Dunno who enjoys it more!! Me or the bairns!!

This thread brings back memories.

Got got got got need need got eh you've got the st mirren badge. I'll give you Steve nichol and the pfa badge for it
Ha ha quality

Are the actual albums any good? Might pick one up if they are, and just send away for all the shiny badges :cool:

The sticker album is on sale for the reasonable sum of £2.99 (I bought mine in WHSmith if anybody is wondering about stockists). It comes with 31 stickers to start you off. The packets of stickers are 50p each and contain 5 stickers in each pack. There are 640 stickers to collect including 40 special stickers. As myself and others have said you can get the album with 6 stickers free in the Roker Tesco - I don't know if any other stockists are doing this.

"The new collection – celebrating this year’s world event taking place in Rio – will feature all 32 teams along with the world’s highest profile soccer superstars.

Collectors and football fans will be able to discover a range of stickers including special glitter stickers, featuring badges, official emblems, the official FIFA World Cup trophy and Brazuca stickers.The collection will also feature a Panini dedicate sticker."

Logon or register to see this image

As I have already said it won't necessarily be cheap but I'm going to view it as an investment as well as a little side hobby. If a reasonable number of people are doing it we could surely reduce the cost it will take by some margin.

Having looked at the album in detail it is well presented - a lot of effort has gone into the making of the book with good graphic design throughout and some great photographs of the host cities and some player photographs. Fantastic pictures of the host city posters especially - I might try and collect those separately if I can - very impressive. It's certainly no rushed/half-arsed manufacture from Panini.

It also serves as a decent compendium of facts and figures relating to the current tournament with the schedule of matches to be played in Brazil and also gives detailed information regarding the qualification stage.

The sticker album is on sale for the reasonable sum of £2.99 (I bought mine in WHSmith if anybody is wondering about stockists). It comes with 31 stickers to start you off. The packets of stickers are 50p each and contain 5 stickers in each pack. There are 640 stickers to collect including 40 special stickers. As myself and others have said you can get the album with 6 stickers free in the Roker Tesco - I don't know if any other stockists are doing this.

"The new collection – celebrating this year’s world event taking place in Rio – will feature all 32 teams along with the world’s highest profile soccer superstars.

Collectors and football fans will be able to discover a range of stickers including special glitter stickers, featuring badges, official emblems, the official FIFA World Cup trophy and Brazuca stickers.The collection will also feature a Panini dedicate sticker."

Logon or register to see this image

As I have already said it won't necessarily be cheap but I'm going to view it as an investment as well as a little side hobby. If a reasonable number of people are doing it we could surely reduce the cost it will take by some margin.

Having looked at the album in detail it is well presented - a lot of effort has gone into the making of the book with good graphic design throughout and some great photographs of the host cities and some player photographs. Fantastic pictures of the host city posters especially - I might try and collect those separately if I can - very impressive. It's certainly no rushed/half-arsed manufacture from Panini.

It also serves as a decent compendium of facts and figures relating to the current tournament with the schedule of matches to be played in Brazil and also gives detailed information regarding the qualification stage.
And I thought I was being a bit ridiculous getting into it!!

How much are packs of stickers now from Newsagents?

50p for five stickers.

I will definitely post my list of swaps tomorrow - I have a duplicate Jozy Altidore for definite I know as well as many others.

Anyone else doing it should do the same and we can decide how to proceed with swaps. I don't who is based in Sunderland or not - I know I am.

50p for five stickers.

I will definitely post my list of swaps tomorrow - I have a duplicate Jozy Altidore for definite I know as well as many others.

Anyone else doing it should do the same and we can decide how to proceed with swaps. I don't who is based in Sunderland or not - I know I am.
Ha ha I am aswell swaps on the rtg forum who'd have thought it !!
Funny

And I thought I was being a bit ridiculous getting into it!!

There seems to be more than enough doing it on here - get involved if you haven't already.

They are an investment for me as well as a decent record of the tournament - they will definitely be worth money in future - check the prices for previous collections on Ebay - they are going for serious money.

50p for five stickers.

Thought I grown out of this shit but obviously not

There seems to be more than enough doing it on here - get involved if you haven't already.

They are an investment for me as well as a decent record of the tournament - they will definitely be worth money in future - check the prices for previous collections on Ebay - they are going for serious money.
I will cheers might get a few quid for me Mexico 86 effort!!

50p for five stickers.

Are you sure it's not the real one and de Fanti bought the sticker?

Thought I grown out of this shit but obviously not

I will cheers might get a few quid for me Mexico 86 effort!!

First one I have done ever and I'm not getting any younger - I have a pile of stickers to sort through already as well as the ones I have placed in the album - my first set of stickers I bought I have nearly completed the Brazil team already - yet the other packs have been a reasonable distribution of other teams.

It does get addictive for sure and I find myself buying sticker packs with any loose change if passing a shop that sells them - which is most I have found. I have also bought five/ten packets at a time as well.

Are you sure it's not the real one and de Fanti bought the sticker?

I've got a few of the lads as a matter of fact - Jozy, Giaccherini, Ki - ex-lads Ji, Gyan, Muntari. Still to get Mensah.

Last edited:
Our kid got Ameobi tonight, I thought it was a piss take.

To think Altidore and Ameobi are off to Brazil and the likes of Ibrahimovic and Bale aren't is canny pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our kid got Ameobi tonight, I thought it was a piss take.

To think Altidore and Ameobi are off to Brazil and the likes of Ibrahimovic and Bale aren't is canny pathetic.

So have I. Which part of Nigeria is Fenham in again. :lol:

It was Ibrahimovic or Ronaldo and Portugal to be fair are the best team - Wales are shite though.

Also if you log in with the same account here - http://en.trivia.fifa.com - and do the quiz each day you get another free pack. And apparently a free pack if you finish a team, im not that far on yet though :oops:

Had 3 Ji Dong wons already :lol::lol:

Get the real deal. You need to have a collectors item and feel the frisson of excitement as you tear open a fresh packet looking for that elusive player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back