Panini World Cup Sticker Album

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamba_blackcat

Central Defender
The bairn got one of these off his nanna last weekend and it took me back to my childhood. Me and my mates always used to get the PL one every season but never managed to fill one completely. Determined to help him fill this one. Anyone else's kid collecting?

Yes mine. Bought him some packets today and he wants me to buy him some direct from panini. Think you can buy up to 100 direct.

Just buy a completed one from panini. Saves buying quadruples of some random Asian player who hasn't even gone to the tournament.

Edit: unless you like 'swapsies,' in which case operation Yewtree should probably be informed.

Where's the fun in that?

Always done "swapsies" as a kid like

My kid is collecting. Or rather I am as he's only two so it's really for me. Gutted tonight as I bought what I thought were stickers only to find they were trading cards. Guess I'm collecting these as well now. :lol:

Edit - you seen the cost of buying all the stickers? Nee wonder the album is free!

My boy is five so he is into it a bit, but it is mainly me reliving my childhood :lol:

50p for a pack of 5 is steep like. Used to get 6 in a pack when I was a young 'un

Last edited:
My kid is collecting. Or rather I am as he's only two so it's really for me. Gutted tonight as I bought what I thought were stickers only to find they were trading cards. Guess I'm collecting these as well now. :lol:

Edit - you seen the cost of buying all the stickers? Nee wonder the album is free!
Class.

Are packs still 30p? :lol: Got a completed album off when I used to collect somewhere, 2000/01 prem season

Last edited:
Just not the same though

Got quite a few swaps already. Just counted throught the book and have 163 already... Quarter of the book filled - not bad for 1 week.

I will endeavour to post mine at the earliest opportunity - more than likely tonight.

Other collectors on here should endeavour to do the same and we should try and bring any random threads on the subject into one and take it from there as how to proceed with any swaps.

The bairn got one of these off his nanna last weekend and it took me back to my childhood. Me and my mates always used to get the PL one every season but never managed to fill one completely. Determined to help him fill this one. Anyone else's kid collecting?
Aye

First one I have ever had was World Cup '78
Dunno if it was Panini mind but if I remember correctly you had to lick the back of the "sticker" to get it to stick

I got a huge pile of stickers as I had one that a friend needed to complete his collection so I swapped it for all his swaps
Wasn't much fun sticking them all in the book though and being only 11 I had to do it all in one go!
I think I only needed about 10 stickers to finish it by the time I was done

Football 78 was a revelation though as they had peel of backs and stuck themselves, they smelt lush and the club badges were shiny metalic

My girlfriend brought me home the album as it was free in tesco, I read the back page on ordering the exact stickers you need and it'd cost something like £80 minimum to get all like 600+ players in there

I bought one the other day $2 it was and bought a full box of stickers to go with it. That was another $50. The f***ing album is only half full and I've got about 60 swaps and nebody to swap them with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back