Over to you Ellis Short

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tell me apart from Bournemouth having chairman who is willing to invest in the team, whats changed in last 20 years for them? Bearing in mind Eddie Howe got the sack at Burnley. Come on slippery give us nugget of wisdom.
Howe DID NOT get the sack at Burnley

we spend above average unfortunately we have employed crap managers like MoN and Keane who waste it

It's certainly been wasted, and that waste is the reason why 'above average' isn't enough for us unfortunately. Then again the rumoured 40m certainly would be if it's true, could give us a good base for 3-4 seasons of it is true.

What do you mean 'over to you'... It was Ellis Short who just delivered David Moyes, and that compensation. He's pulled a blinder here IMO. I understrand the sentiment that his job isn't finished, but let's try to be positive

6th highest spenders in the PL last season.

"But we don't spend money"
We do spend, but we waste. Hopefully January was a sign of what is to come. Not sure on Moyes' record in the transfer market but I'd imagine he's a sensible and steady man to have in charge

What do you mean 'over to you'... It was Ellis Short who just delivered David Moyes, and that compensation. He's pulled a blinder here IMO. I understrand the sentiment that his job isn't finished, but let's try to be positive

Let's air brush the last 4 seasons away

You mean the last 4 seasons where he has brought in Poyet, Advocaat and Allardyce, backed them all financially, and been let down every time?

he didn't back Advocatt that's well documented but lets just air brush that away as well. What is interesting is Moyes making a point of saying that he has got assurances from Short about taking the club forward one can only assume that means a decent transfer budget. we have been here before.

he didn't back Advocatt that's well documented but lets just air brush that away as well. What is interesting is Moyes making a point of saying that he has got assurances from Short about taking the club forward one can only assume that means a decent transfer budget. we have been here before.
Fine, I'd concede that. Though I still think you are being too harsh on Short.

Im aware that Short backs this club very generously, and continually puts his hand in his pocket.

However, I believe that the amount that Moyes will have in his head as generally available will turn out to be considerably less once reality intrudes.

For the 1st time in a good few years can see the improvements on and off the field since Allardyce came in . His brief period here has given us a real chance of kicking on and becoming a better club and for that I thank him . For Short to go out and get Moyes makes me feel he is dedicated to the club and believes we have this opportunity and has backed us admirably . A little excited at our prospects for the next couple of seasons . Over to Moyes to carry on and better what the big fella started . Thanks Sam .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back