Our Shit Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

The football delivered since BSA took over has been ok. Its certainly more entertaining than what was on offer previously. Long may in continue.

Today's game and the Everton game have been the two most enjoyable games I've watched in a long time, shame about the result at Everton though.

Monday night against Palace was too stressful to enjoy but would have been a great game other than that.

The formation makes sense. We have fullbacks who can get forward well, but can't defend and our best striker really needs a partner. So 352 works nicely.

We're not as defensive add I'd imagined, and it seems we're learning this new style more each week. Adding to it.

Not sure this has been mentioned before so apoligies if it has. Now I know we are never going to play fast fluent football and probably even less so under BSA. But so far has anyone thought my god this is shit even though we are less likely to lose? Personally we seem to be completly different away from home and our football is direct and creating enough chances to give us half a chance in every game we are playing. Just a thought like but I prefer this than trying to watch tippy tappy with players who have no chance of playing tippy tappy!
Logon or register to see this image

I certainly didn't want Allardyce here and I think he ballsed up against Southampton and Everton - but even the Everton one now looks like it was probably just a work in progress, given how well we have played in that system in the last 5 days.

The last two games have been really encouraging - it's good when you can see a clear gameplan. I was a big Advocaat fan but they look much more like they know what they are doing and why now (and fitter too). Stoke were never going to come here and play an open, expansive, entertaining game. But we were in control of that game throughout.

For years we have been losing that kind of game, and even though I didn't want Allardyce, I can't see the downside in the fact that we are now starting to win them.

These 'shite tactics' are absolutely perfect for us. Our defence look like different players, which gives our midfield a chance to play. MVila and Cattermole are a joy to watch on the ball sometimes. Then you've got the Defoe and Fletcher partnership that has the potential to be absolutely deadly. Add the wing backs overlapping with pace and the options we've got from the bench that can completely change the game and this is the best Sunderland have looked tactically in as long as I can remember, maybe since Bent left. But aye; shite to watch :eek:

We played well today. This bad football so far has been a total myth bar the Southampton game

I certainly didn't want Allardyce here and I think he ballsed up against Southampton and Everton - but even the Everton one now looks like it was probably just a work in progress, given how well we have played in that system in the last 5 days.

The last two games have been really encouraging - it's good when you can see a clear gameplan. I was a big Advocaat fan but they look much more like they know what they are doing and why now (and fitter too). Stoke were never going to come here and play an open, expansive, entertaining game. But we were in control of that game throughout.

For years we have been losing that kind of game, and even though I didn't want Allardyce, I can't see the downside in the fact that we are now starting to win them.
Advocaat was nothing short of a disagrace this season

I'm not against direct football...I just don't want to see us lining up on our own 18 and show our ass all game!

Today I thought we played with passion and hunger...take it every week!

These 'shite tactics' are absolutely perfect for us. Our defence look like different players, which gives our midfield a chance to play. MVila and Cattermole are a joy to watch on the ball sometimes. Then you've got the Defoe and Fletcher partnership that has the potential to be absolutely deadly. Add the wing backs overlapping with pace and the options we've got from the bench that can completely change the game and this is the best Sunderland have looked tactically in as long as I can remember, maybe since Bent left. But aye; shite to watch :eek:

Stop, Stop, Stop! FFS, it's this sort of stuff that gives me hope and encouragement, which is usually followed by misery and pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back