Our Shit Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't care how we play as long as we're organised and every player knows what their role is.

When this is the case you have a chance in every game you play.

Oh and Duncan should be out on loan. :lol:

I'm not against direct football...I just don't want to see us lining up on our own 18 and show our ass all game!

Today I thought we played with passion and hunger...take it every week!

we still do that though. we turn 3-5-2 with the ball to 5-3-2 without it, with the 5 on the 18 yard line and the 3 directly in front. it certainly does give the opposition acres of space to work in. fortunately we've been organised enough to cope with it lately and we have been able to turn defence into attack fairly easily.

it's certainly better than the "throw the 11 on the pitch that cost us the most and hope for the best" tactics.

Sam doing things with our team that I didn't think possible a month ago.

Goes to show what a decent manager can do. We've needed one for quite sometime tbh.

Dick was on autopilot and checked out before he left... and his predecessors had little tactical variation worth salt.

Not sure this has been mentioned before so apoligies if it has. Now I know we are never going to play fast fluent football and probably even less so under BSA. But so far has anyone thought my god this is shit even though we are less likely to lose? Personally we seem to be completly different away from home and our football is direct and creating enough chances to give us half a chance in every game we are playing. Just a thought like but I prefer this than trying to watch tippy tappy with players who have no chance of playing tippy tappy!

What a fanny

He's went back to basics. We're not conceding as many as we were, that's always a plus. Back to back wins and people are whinging....mental!
Only on here
Like on Monday night won agaisnt a good palace side & people were still moaning

Beaten two very good teams in the past week & there still moaning

Why can't people just enjoy the win !!!!

There's enough people already put the OP back in his box as a WUM so I'll not bother responding in that vein.

What I would say is that if we can keep this squad fit I'm quite looking forward to this years FA cup competition.
The formation and players we have should be able to provide a good cup run. We've found a solid spine to the team which with more confidence and playing time could prove a formidable unit to break down. Add to that We've actually now added pace and a willingness to close down in the opposition half goals will not be a rarity. Sam can hopefully continue to add grit and determination and I'd like to think the crowd can carry them on a decent run this season

There's enough people already put the OP back in his box as a WUM so I'll not bother responding in that vein.

What I would say is that if we can keep this squad fit I'm quite looking forward to this years FA cup competition.
The formation and players we have should be able to provide a good cup run. We've found a solid spine to the team which with more confidence and playing time could prove a formidable unit to break down. Add to that We've actually now added pace and a willingness to close down in the opposition half goals will not be a rarity. Sam can hopefully continue to add grit and determination and I'd like to think the crowd can carry them on a decent run this season
& to think some people didn't want Sam here :lol:

IMPOSSIBLE. Sam forfeits the cups just as he doesn't promote youth and his brand of football is awful to watch. I read all of this on here.

Not sure this has been mentioned before so apoligies if it has. Now I know we are never going to play fast fluent football and probably even less so under BSA. But so far has anyone thought my god this is shit even though we are less likely to lose? Personally we seem to be completly different away from home and our football is direct and creating enough chances to give us half a chance in every game we are playing. Just a thought like but I prefer this than trying to watch tippy tappy with players who have no chance of playing tippy tappy!
Quite the opposite. Now we have no isolated outnumbered defenders like we did under Advocaat but we do have wide players getting forward and enough players in the box unlike Poyet or O Neill. We are now a solid competent competitive team who have a chance of winning games.

This whole conception about big Sam teams playing shit football is a load of shit. If his football is shit and boring then fuck knows what that means for oneil and Poyet because there were games where we went more than two games on the spin with no shots on target, these last two games is best I've seen us play for ages

Only on here
Like on Monday night won agaisnt a good palace side & people were still moaning

Beaten two very good teams in the past week & there still moaning

Why can't people just enjoy the win !!!!

Probably the same reason people used to slate the Noz because something he did may have lead to problems when no opposition player was anywhere near him.

If we'd had a decent history (i.e. in living memory) of us playing something that resembled good football regularly or over an extended perod there may be a point in this thread somewhere. But in my time watching the lads the good flowing football has been rare at best. So as has already been said, if we're doing better and set up well and not being push overs it's an improvement on what many of us are used to.

Agreed .We sometimes score with odd wonder goal or with a slick conter attack through a carelessly-guarded defence. The majority of our goals, however, seem to come from lucky rebounds or gross defensive lapses. Watmore's goal yesterday was preceded by a wonderful through ball from the Stoke defender, Defoe's goal on Monday was result of a wonderful combination between Scott Dann and the goalie, etc, etc..

I'm pretty sure that if we analysed all our goals over the last year, we would find serious defensive mistakes/luck at the core of 50% of our goals. Take the scoring record of our very own Suarez - D Graham - 1 goal in 3 years - in off from the inside of his thigh at Everton:). - Not that I complained about it!!!!

One day though I do believe we will play something like good football - I'm sure - but let's just keep Big Sam 3 years and build slowly and solidly.

Don't go all West Ham way on us, we have no devine right to play attractive football.

I've watched shit football for about 5 years, at least it's shit football and we're actually winning now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back