Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnson
Cattermole
Rodwell
Fletcher
Wickham
Giaccherini

Could all go for decent money. Just because people in sunderland see them every week doesn't mean that their reputation isn't reasonable elsewhere.
We have a National reputation for negative football, a lack of excitement and entertainment, hardly any wins and boring draws with these top quality players. This is seen by our last slot appearance on MOTD regularly. I think that says it all.

Cattermole has a shit reputation nationally, he's injury prone and seen as a liability, I don't think he'd go for much. You're probably right about the others, although I think the chances of shifting Giacc for a decent fee have just gone out of the window.

Re cattermole, I think you're right which shows that most people don't know anything about other teams

£8m for Cattermole? Johnson would fetch about £8-10m. The rest are fairly worthless, Pants about £5m, Defoe about £3m. Could probably get about £4m for Seb.

Depends really, you're only worth what others are willing to pay up. Promoted teams are generally the idiots in this case.
No chance we would get more then 7 for Johnson.

The only way we would get good money 7m for catts is if a top 6 team came in for him.
Same with any player I guess

Very sobering concidering the millions invested over the years. Something's not right.
Not really surprising though. We have sold our best players as soon as someone has come sniffing Bent Cana Gyan Henderson Mig Sess. Yes there are reasons to justify selling, but we have failed to replace them with players who are just as good. This has ultimatley impacted the value of the squad. The scary part for me is, if we follow this sell before we buy policy we are now in a position where it is hard to buy 'quality'.

Cattermole - 8-10 million
Johnson - 10 million
Defoe - 4 milliom
Fletcher - 2.5 million
Pantillimon - 6 million

£8m for Cattermole? Johnson would fetch about £8-10m. The rest are fairly worthless, Pants about £5m, Defoe about £3m. Could probably get about £4m for Seb.

Depends really, you're only worth what others are willing to pay up. Promoted teams and SAFC are generally the idiots in this case.
Tidied

Stoke bid 5m for him, and we turned it down...he is worth 6m of anybody's money.

Not when he's entering the final 12 months of his contract he isn't... need to get the fucker tied down to a long term deal, same as Johnson.

It will increase their fee straight away at least, never mind the fact they are our two best players and shouldn't be looking to sell anyway.

We don't have many assets to sell. If we sold Johnson or Cattermole then we would be losing an important player, and we would undoubtedly squander the money on someone shite.

We can't make much progress unless Short properly invests in quality players in the summer. Poyet will have steadied the ship, it's time for Short to show some ambition over the next year. Otherwise we'll be just making up the numbers again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back