Our Most Valuable Players - if we sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcrossan

Striker
Sort of depressing imagining what we might get if we had to sell our players. Gives you an idea of the paucity of the talent - too many foreign, unproven players or older ones who are past their best. Can'y see any one of them going for as much as ten million.

Top four for me would be.

Cattermole. About 7-8 million.
Johnson. 6-8 million.
Defoe (mainly cos of his age ) $6 mill.
Pants. $5 mill.

Some team might take a flyer still on Wickham and some newly promoted team might look at Fletcher and SEB.

After that its pretty thin.

Sort of depressing imagining what we might get if we had to sell our players. Gives you an idea of the paucity of the talent - too many foreign, unproven players or older ones who are past their best. Can'y see any one of them going for as much as ten million.

Top four for me would be.

Cattermole. About 7-8 million.
Johnson. 6-8 million.
Defoe (mainly cos of his age ) $6 mill.
Pants. $5 mill.

Some team might take a flyer still on Wickham and some newly promoted team might look at Fletcher and SEB.

After that its pretty thin.

Wickham would get a good fee, over 6 million

£8m for Cattermole? Johnson would fetch about £8-10m. The rest are fairly worthless, Pants about £5m, Defoe about £3m. Could probably get about £4m for Seb.

Depends really, you're only worth what others are willing to pay up. Promoted teams are generally the idiots in this case.

Johnson
Cattermole
Rodwell
Fletcher
Wickham
Giaccherini

Could all go for decent money. Just because people in sunderland see them every week doesn't mean that their reputation isn't reasonable elsewhere.

Johnson
Cattermole
Rodwell
Fletcher
Wickham
Giaccherini

Could all go for decent money. Just because people in sunderland see them every week doesn't mean that their reputation isn't reasonable elsewhere.

Cattermole has a shit reputation nationally, he's injury prone and seen as a liability, I don't think he'd go for much. You're probably right about the others, although I think the chances of shifting Giacc for a decent fee have just gone out of the window.

Johnson
Cattermole
Rodwell
Fletcher
Wickham
Giaccherini

Can't see anyone paying much for Rodwell unless he starts performing regularly. He was thought injury prone before we took him and any premier league team is going to think long and hard before offering a contract to a player who can't keep fit and uninjured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back