RR Onion Off The Menu - Club In Discussions Over Striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

So has the club been led along or was it purely his agent making noises in the press, with discussions not even getting off the ground? If it's the latter then, I have to say, it's a pretty poor show from Poyet and the club to let everyone believe a transfer was imminent.

Club lying to the fans, more like.

Cant wait until window closes and everyone throwing this back in your face after a raft of signings. Congerton will do the business but he is fighting against SAFC's lack of stature in Europe {only 1 season in Europe going back to 1973}.

It would be more relevant to say that he is fighting against our flirtations with relegation and mainly lowly PL positions since we got promoted. Last season would be enough to scare any pro if there is a significant wage cut in the contract in the event or relegation. For over half of last season's games, our performances were pretty poor and that covers more than PDCs time here.

However, the shabbiness of a squad hidden behind the make do and mend loans can be laid firmly at the door of Di Fanti. His appointment and permanent selections were not in the gift of PDC, and most, frankly were dreadful. Of course, there are many who argue that this is really nobody's fault. However, this sh1t appointment compounded by the madness of PDC led to the aforementioned dross on the pitch. And don't forget, both were appointed by Short, but again, apparently it is not his fault.

The fact that decent players will not come stems from history and practicality, not from any hope or aspiration we have in Poyet. If they take a gamble, they are risking millions of pounds over 2-3 years of a 10-12 year career. We like to start every season full of belief in our club, because that is all we can do, we aren't going to change clubs. Players are not in that frame of mind.

Smokescreen from the club, misinformation, misleading statements hiding the fact that we are skint.

Won't be spending big pre season despite have a weakened and threadbare squad.

Roll on the next band of free transfers and loanees.

This summer will give an indication of what our chairmans vision for the club is, for me it's stay in the league with a minimal outlay. The excuses of we are hampered by wages is starting to wear thin.

Vision?! If our success in the transfer market is an indication he is blind as a bloody bat!

And the 'minimal outlay' thing is just another way of saying 'tightfisted'.

Hears our scouts were impressed with a few lads doing preseason with Jarrow Roofing, deals could be imminent.

Smokescreen from the club, misinformation, misleading statements hiding the fact that we are skint.

Won't be spending big pre season despite have a weakened and threadbare squad.

Roll on the next band of free transfers and loanees.
so we had a formal bid of 14m accepted plus bids in for Alonso and Williams rejected.
formal bids!
more on one player than hulls total outlay to date
tell me other than nufc in our tier who has bid or spent more?
that huggy likes your post speaks volumes

:lol: fuck off man, jesus we are signing someone from f***ing crewe, f***ing CREWE !! i despair honestly , they can fuck off for me like, they aint gonna spend some cash neither am i, f***ing crewe ffs! i pity the season card lads who have renewed this season like, its gonna be a shocker imho

I am staggered that people haven't gotten used to the form book yet after all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back