-***- Official Haway the England lasses thread -***-

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

“I’m Geordie first and foremost - we’ve got our own little Geordie nation up in the north-east of England - and then I’m Canadian second."

LALAC
Aye, me anarl: “I’m Geordie first and foremost - we’ve got our own little Geordie nation up in the north-east of England and, in real life, half of it supports Sunderland (my half, the best half) - and then I’m Canadian second, and English third."

It's great to see a Geordie being made to cry by a bunch of girls.

Sorry, shouldn't be so mean, this is the sporting version of football and that.

Utter bollocks. England were substantially outplayed and lucky, but did well to defend and go through.

Didn't see that at all.

Thought England dealt with what Canada had to offer pretty comfortably.

Kept their shape, well disciplined, too strong for Canada over the 90 minutes. Pinched a lot of balls off them through sheer persistence and determination, which stopped Canada building up a head of steam in the last 20 minutes.

Thought the goal scorer was excellent, particularly the last 20 minutes when they needed someone to hold it up and win a few free kicks. So, important when the other team are playing at home and chasing the match. As said, it stopped Canada from being camped in England's half.

If Connor Wickham is 8 million quid, that lass is 20 million quid. Someone should show Wickham the tape of this match and say this is how it's done.

Didn't see that at all.

Thought England dealt with what Canada had to offer pretty comfortably.

Kept their shape, well disciplined, too strong for Canada over the 90 minutes. Pinched a lot of balls off them through sheer persistence and determination, which stopped Canada building up a head of steam in the last 20 minutes.

Thought the goal scorer was excellent, particularly the last 20 minutes when they needed someone to hold it up and win a few free kicks. So, important when the other team are playing at home and chasing the match. As said, it stopped Canada from being camped in England's half.

If Connor Wickham is 8 million quid, that lass is 20 million quid. Someone should show Wickham the tape of this match and say this is how it's done.
Aye, England did well in the last 20 min for sure. Canada had lots of pressure (not sure where you get the 'too strong" bit from) but not enough on goal. Mind, both England goals were gifts (Sesselmann is cute but shite) and Tancredi should have scored in the first. C'est la vie.

Well that's that.

Did my best to get excited..but when players continually put the ball straght out of play with five minutes to go and you want an equalizer.

Five more weeks..

When do the ashes start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back