Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.

So is your grammar with YOU'RE.. I only mentioned polling, but in a two horse race there's only two options, hence my remark about the coin flip.

There's also two possible outcomes that it will snow tomorrow. Either it will or it won't, it doesn't make it a coin flip though.

This is also good for the Hitachi workers as some of them can get jobs at Nissan when Hitachi closes down.

the same hitachi at newton aycliffe who set on another 150 people in august? expecting to be 900 employed by the end of the year. another project fear myth we had rammed down our throats by our Sedgefield MP who said it wouldn't be employing new staff etc if we voted leave. they have just bidded for the build of the new London underground trains as well. doesn't sound like a company who are wanting to leave aycliffe at present

also the very same business park in aycliffe is set to create 3000 jobs due to expansion

Good news. I think a lot of people are jumping on a bit of a bandwagon here though and saying that it all turned out rosy after all on the basis of one decision that I suspect has been heavily insured by the government against losing access to the single market.

Nissan staying is a good thing, but I know 3 small (<50 employees) companies in the north of England who mainly export to Europe, and the falling pound and uncertainty is close to putting them to the wall if it continues for another 6-12 months. That's the grim reality, that it'll hurt many small businesses, just as we had a pretty good indication that it would before the vote, which is why my father in law who is a eurosceptic voted to remain. His entire business is tied to importing and exporting to Europe. The current situation has him looking abroad for alternatives, but he has told me that the window of opportunity to move abroad (ie: before capital is depleted to a critical level) is relatively small. I doubt his situation is unique.

I think some perspective is needed. How it all plays out in the long run is still anyone's guess.

Surely the falling pound would have them turning cartwheels?

the same hitachi at newton aycliffe who set on another 150 people in august? expecting to be 900 employed by the end of the year. another project fear myth we had rammed down our throats by our Sedgefield MP who said it wouldn't be employing new staff etc if we voted leave. they have just bidded for the build of the new London underground trains as well. doesn't sound like a company who are wanting to leave aycliffe at present

also the very same business park in aycliffe is set to create 3000 jobs due to expansion
I wasn't being serious marra. Was just trying to join in the derailed thread there.

Is this the new Nissan, now their future has been secured, all aboard the hitachi is leaving train :rolleyes:

As above.

There's not at all as there are many more variables in weather than snow. The debate there's two candidates, only two.

Asking if it will snow tomorrow is binary.

Either it will or it won't, two options.

Surely the falling pound would have them turning cartwheels?

Yes it means they can get away with paying those British workers a lot less wages than they would those horrible, obnoxious, well paid Europeans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aking if it will snow tomorrow is binary.

Either it will or it won't, two options.
Is there only two weather options? No.

Is there only two candidates for the presidential candidacy? Yes.

You stated my fact about 43% was wrong as he's behind, which I agree he is, however he's still only in a two horse race. As @Mrjardine stated, nothing is impossible after the Brexit vote.

Chuffed to bits at the news. Voted remain cos of the uncertainty surrounding the likes of Nissan.

Brexit voters - probably a good idea to wait and see until we, you know, actually Brexit before trying to shove it down people's throat's about the affect its having? :D

Is there only two weather options? No.

Is there only two candidates for the presidential candidacy? Yes.

You stated my fact about 43% was wrong as he's behind, which I agree he is, however he's still only in a two horse race. As @Mrjardine stated, nothing is impossible after the Brexit vote.

I've never suggested it was impossible. I just stated that polling 43% doesn't give him a 43% chance and more like a 17% chance.

Just because there are two options doesn't make it a coin flip. If I was to race Usain Bolt over 100m there are two possible outcomes but I won't have a 50% chance of winning.

Chuffed to bits at the news. Voted remain cos of the uncertainty surrounding the likes of Nissan.

Brexit voters - probably a good idea to wait and see until we, you know, actually Brexit before trying to shove it down people's throat's about the affect its having? :D

Why, the remain voters haven't waited till we you know, actually brexit to see what the outcome is without trying to shove any piece of negativity down peoples throats

I've never suggested it was impossible. I just stated that polling 43% doesn't give him a 43% chance and more like a 17% chance.

Just because there are two options doesn't make it a coin flip. If I was to race Usain Bolt over 100m there are two possible outcomes but I won't have a 50% chance of winning.
Agreed! But you have to admit using 'will it snow tomorrow' is a bad example. It's fine mate, I'll forgive you, we all make mistakes.

Agreed! But you have to admit using 'will it snow tomorrow' is a bad example. It's fine mate, I'll forgive you, we all make mistakes.

Okay we'll have an internet handshake and call it a draw. :lol:

Snow is probably a better option than the 100m race as there is three possible outcomes if you want to be pedantic that neither Bolt or I finish the race because of an injury to both of us.

I think the definition of will it snow when betting on Christmas Day is one snowflake falling on the weather centre but whether it snowed or not is open to interpretation.

Good news regardless of any other arguments!

do the Chinese and Japanese get on though ?
Don't think they do generally,
Was hoping we might become a champions league team and be sponsored by Nissan ;)

That should work both ways though mate. People from both sides acting like bairns over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back