Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did you not read or watch the news?! It was about Nissan securing jobs by building the new Qasqaui and X-Trail. But it was NOT about the further securing of jobs in the supply chain companies.

How could you think a Sunderland minus Nissan would still mean companies like Unipres and Vantec would still continue you thick kernt?!! OK they may still be around but I don't think they would have anywhere near the same level of business!! :lol::lol:

Are you mental? You're arguing with yourself man, he didn't suggest that at all!

Well I voted remain and I am really happy about this, it's great for the city. Doesn't stop me thinking people were wrong to vote leave and especially those who work for Nissan voting to leave and putting the own jobs at risk.

Or principled enough to risk their own jobs for what they believed was the correct decision for the UK!

Or principled enough to risk their own jobs for what they believed was the correct decision for the UK!

Or were conned by the likes of Gove, Boris and Farrage so didn't have a clue what could have happened and what they were voting for. Believe what you want, but I highly doubt 2450 Nissan workers cared more about leaving the EU than their jobs. (employees x turnout x 51%).

Or were conned by the likes of Gove, Boris and Farrage so didn't have a clue what could have happened and what they were voting for. Believe what you want, but I highly doubt 2450 Nissan workers cared more about leaving the EU than their jobs. (employees x turnout x 51%).

Isn't it strange? ALL of the people who voted Remain were clever enough to see past the blandishments of Gove et al, wise enough to see the consequences of leaving the EU, and unracist enough to accept anyone from anywhere to come here.

Yet ALL of the Leave voters were thick as pig shit, racist and unintelligent, who couldn't see a wood if it was right in front of them. Strange that, really strange.

What a childish, idiotic statement. I voted Remain but am desperate the the UK and the region prospers post Brexit. I am delighted, absolutely over the moon while you continue with your child like, feeble social media game.
Time for exits and remainers to stop squabbling. The UK voted out, and it is now in everyones interests to look to the future and make the best of it we can. Having said that, it would be interesting to hold the referendum again tomorrow, to see if there has been any significant change in public opinion.

Isn't it strange? ALL of the people who voted Remain were clever enough to see past the blandishments of Gove et al, wise enough to see the consequences of leaving the EU, and unracist enough to accept anyone from anywhere to come here.

Yet ALL of the Leave voters were thick as pig shit, racist and unintelligent, who couldn't see a wood if it was right in front of them. Strange that, really strange.

At no point did I say all. I am sure some of that rough figure will have truly believed the UK is better out of the EU than in and were willing to risk their job on it. But I'm sure if we made a poll to see how many people would be willing to do that I don't think it would take a genius to correctly predict the result (not just Nissan employees).

Time for exits and remainers to stop squabbling. The UK voted out, and it is now in everyones interests to look to the future and make the best of it we can. Having said that, it would be interesting to hold the referendum again tomorrow, to see if there has been any significant change in public opinion.

Easier said than done. This referendum has divided the country and people will be arguing about it for the next decade and maybe longer.

Just repeating what was on the news earlier chief, I'm not going to pretend I know what the actual cost will be. Hopefully the costs will only be in the hundreds of millions, or maybe even just the tens of millions, whatever it takes to ensure the "competitiveness of the plant" and keep things as they were.

See above, blame the political corespondent on the news. I'm sure Brexiters can write it off as scaremongering, despite both sides confirming that assurances to protect Nissan from any extra costs have been given.

I can't recall anything resembling that having been said by Nissan or the government.

The Ghosn statement read:

"I welcome British Prime Minister Theresa May's commitment to the automotive industry in Britain and to the development of an overall industrial strategy. The company's decision was driven by Government "support and reassurances".

Nissan also clarified it had not been given special treatment.

The government's: "It is a recognition that the Government is committed to creating and supporting the right conditions for the automotive industry so it continues to grow now and in the future."

Quite where you draw the emboldened detail from I have no idea - or your earlier post "Hopefully the costs will only be in the hundreds of millions".

I can only guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back