NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The western conference is so superior to the east its embarrassing.

The West is fun to watch, the East feels like a chore!

It's been like that for 20 years mate, it's nowt new! :)

Only started following it again in January, what did Howard do?

Ok but they're a young team in a stacked conference and not ready to contend... Yet. They'll be better equipped next year to make a run if everyone stays healthy but they need a few pieces still. A veteran in the Bruce Bowen/Robert Horry mould would benefit them greatly come this time of year.

Only started following it again in January, what did Howard do?

the lakers traded for dwight howard, giving up bynum and howard struggled with injury and form before f***ing them off and signing for houston.

It's been like that for 20 years mate, it's nowt new! :)

i've always wondered why in both the nba and the nhl [no idea about baseball or armball] the western conference is always all about flair & scoring whilst the east is all about hard nosed defense.

any yanks can give us a bit of a culture reason? i wondered if perhaps it is like the north south divide hear, heavy industrialisatin int he east [think pittsburgh, detroit etc] ??

Last edited:
the lakers traded for dwight howard, giving up bynum and howard struggled with injury and form before f***ing them off and signing for houston.

i've always wondered why in both the nba and the nhl [no idea about baseball or armball] the western conference is always all about flair & scoring whilst the east is all about hard nosed defense.

any yanks can give us a bit of a culture reason? i wondered if perhaps it is like the north south divide hear, heavy industrialisatin int he east [think pittsburgh, detroit etc] ??

Pretty much bang on already there mate. The East thrive on being more hard nosed, hard working but for example you have NY, Boston, Burgh are all either big city or industrial places but play the seasons in cold weather where as Indiana for example thrive on being hard working as they're country, and hard work comes with being a farm boy! :)

The US is too big to generalise but the West in all sports have a more laid back approach with it being a more laid back, warm weather culture but yet again. Using. Seattle as an example in the Pacific Nth West, it's a rainy, green area and their fans of all their sports teams are rabid fanatics.

The whole East/West thing is just a generalised cultural thing that's kinda been accepted by everyone.

Pretty much bang on already there mate. The East thrive on being more hard nosed, hard working but for example you have NY, Boston, Burgh are all either big city or industrial places but play the seasons in cold weather where as Indiana for example thrive on being hard working as they're country, and hard work comes with being a farm boy! :)

The US is too big to generalise but the West in all sports have a more laid back approach with it being a more laid back, warm weather culture but yet again. Using. Seattle as an example in the Pacific Nth West, it's a rainy, green area and their fans of all their sports teams are rabid fanatics.

The whole East/West thing is just a generalised cultural thing that's kinda been accepted by everyone.

is that why perhaps utah have always seemed more of an eastern style team? san antonio have always seemed that way too but i dont know owt about the place so have no idea why. can't really think of any eastern teams that seem to fit the western mould though, perhaps miami, which is a warm climate relaxed place. not sure if the realignment has changed it but i always found it odd that chicago and detroit are/were western conference in the nhl... guess that is just down to franchise distribution though

just to add a littel caveat, i sure never found it a chore watching the three peat bulls of the mid nineties.

Great to see the Spurs tie up the series...going up 20 points just shows their superiority. They just aren't firing on all cylinders at the minute.

is that why perhaps utah have always seemed more of an eastern style team? san antonio have always seemed that way too but i dont know owt about the place so have no idea why. can't really think of any eastern teams that seem to fit the western mould though, perhaps miami, which is a warm climate relaxed place. not sure if the realignment has changed it but i always found it odd that chicago and detroit are/were western conference in the nhl... guess that is just down to franchise distribution though

just to add a littel caveat, i sure never found it a chore watching the three peat bulls of the mid nineties.

Hmm I think it's more to do with the set up of those franchises tbh. Utah is a Mormon City and their culture is pretty ingrained in their organisation, as far as the Spurs go they've been probably the best franchise of the past 20 years in terms of consistency and how brilliantly they're ran bit the fact their star men have been David Robinson and Tim Duncan means they've played efficient technical basketball rather than flashy action based ball.

Sterling banned from having any involvement with either the Clippers or the NBA for life, and fined the maximum $2.1M.

Looks like the Magic/Guggenheim consortium is a goer then!

Sterling banned from having any involvement with either the Clippers or the NBA for life, and fined the maximum $2.1M.

Looks like the Magic/Guggenheim consortium is a goer then!

Got off lightly with the fine IMHO since he's going to make between 500-600m from the sale of the franchise.

Got off lightly with the fine IMHO since he's going to make between 500-600m from the sale of the franchise.
Unfortunately it's the maximum fine allowed by the NBA constitution, according the the official statement anyway!

A sport that has no tackling. You score, we score....repeat.

Did like NBA Jam on the Megadrive/SNES though.

"From down town"

Haha very good

Tidied
He's thrown up a brick is what I used to hear!

Great comeback win for the clippers last night, the action taken will hopefully spur them on to challenge for the championship this season.

Also how close was the OKC v Grizzlies game? Thought the grizzlies had blown it giving up that massive lead, just shows you how tight it is in the western with all 4 match ups very tight.

I've got no sympathy for this Sterling bloke or his views, but does anyone else find it a bit troubling that you can be punished for expressing your private views in a private telephone conversation with your lass?

I've got no sympathy for this Sterling bloke or his views, but does anyone else find it a bit troubling that you can be punished for expressing your private views in a private telephone conversation with your lass?

Aye it's a bit of an invasion of privacy, however in this case it's for the best that it came out. The NBA have dealt with it very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back