michy batshuayi passed Chelsea medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bat-shway-ee I'd have thought.

Can't see that, I'm afraid. If Conte can get the current Italy team (who have good players, but aren't exactly overloaded with star names) playing the way they are, I reckon Chelsea can only get much better.

Probably right mate, but I can hope....

I really hope we don't get suckered into the ever increasing spiral of transfer fees and I really hope our fans don't measure our business in terms of fees paid. I've been one of the biggest critics of our previous transfer business, which tbf has been shocking but I get the feeling that maybe, just maybe we have better systems in place now.

We have to maintain what appeared to be robust levels of team spirit once Allardyce had made his adjustments and add to that with players who are mentally tough......regardless of how big their fees are. A good pre-season with optimal fitness levels achieved and a "togetherness" among the squad will go a long way to giving us a (relatively) successful season imo.

Clever policy.....let the "small fry" establish the fee then step in and match or slightly beat it.

Hav edone the same to Spurs (Willian) Man United (Fabregas, Pedro & Mikel) Liverpool (Salah) among others

Hav edone the same to Spurs (Willian) Man United (Fabregas, Pedro & Mikel) Liverpool (Salah) among others

It's a clever strategy. The price is always increased for a big club so let the next level down establish true value then step in and offer better wages and team-mates.

It's a clever strategy. The price is always increased for a big club so let the next level down establish true value then step in and offer better wages and team-mates.

Think they wanted Lukaku too first mind, which they realised they couldn't do.

I would be annoyed at them if it weren't for this news this afternoon

Payets agent - “He has a great contract with West Ham so I cannot see him leaving. Dimitri is happy in London”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/30/dimitri-payet-west-ham-happy-to-stay?

It's very difficult when you get to the level that your club have now reached. Incremental improvements are much harder to find and even more difficult to attract. Plus, once you do find a player who has the kind of season Payet has had then all the traditionally "big clubs" rape and pillage you.....as they've done with Southampton these last two years, and as they've tried to do with Leicester already. Whether Southampton have just been incredibly lucky or whether they know exactly what they're doing is open to debate but that's the model for most clubs outside of the elite.

How's things with your academy these days......it's always produced quality over the decades....is it still doing the business for you?

If we can keep Lukaku along with a few decent additions and Koeman sorting out our defence I would say we are big dark horses for the top 6 considering outside of Kane, Aguero and Costa no other side has a striker guaranteed to hit them 20+ goals. Sturridge is always injured, Giroud is hit and miss and Vardy I reckon will suffer 2nd season syndrome (I also think Kane will be burnt out from the Euro's). Clubs like Palace and West Ham are realising how difficult it is to sign a top striker unless you have CL, we hit gold with Lukaku in that regard.

I can see a few clubs clamouring around Bony and Benteke in the hope they get back to the forms they were in at Swansea/Villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back