michy batshuayi passed Chelsea medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scored earlier in the week and will be in Belgium squad Friday.

Destroys the myth of waiting until after Euros, managers/agents/players on holiday, quiet period before any business can be done etc

With the massively inflated Tv deals is anyone surprised that we are witnessing price increases? Crystal Palace bid 31m ffs. 30m now is like 10m five years ago.
no not really surprised about this.
Sad to say the extra cash will go on increased transfer fees, players wages, and agents fees! Not a single thought will be given to making Premiership football more affordable for families :evil:

With the massively inflated Tv deals is anyone surprised that we are witnessing price increases? Crystal Palace bid 31m ffs. 30m now is like 10m five years ago.

The gulf in finances will still be there imo, palace can maybe afford 1x £30 million player but your Man City's and Utds can afford 3 or 4 £30 million players. The fee's are going up but all 20 clubs in the league get that money so it's of little advantage, especially when European clubs look like they are charging just as silly prices as English clubs are for their players.

Funny how if any belgian forward scores 1 goal replacing Lukaku they automatically become flavour of the month. Origi done It at the WC and got a move to Liverpool now Batshuyai done it last week and has joined Chelsea.

The gulf in finances will still be there imo, palace can maybe afford 1x £30 million player but your Man City's and Utds can afford 3 or 4 £30 million players. The fee's are going up but all 20 clubs in the league get that money so it's of little advantage, especially when European clubs look like they are charging just as silly prices as English clubs are for their players.

Funny how if any belgian forward scores 1 goal replacing Lukaku they automatically become flavour of the month. Origi done It at the WC and got a move to Liverpool now Batshuyai done it last week and has joined Chelsea.

I never implied that it would level the playing field, just that this window we will start to see heightened transfer fees as a result of more money in the game.

Thing is though, these big fees don't always get you a commensurate increase in the performance of the team. Leicester fielded 7 players against us last season who each cost less than £1m. I know that's an extreme example but clubs at our level (I exclude your club obviously ;)) can do better by making sure they are also buying character when they sign players......theres not much difference between a Kone and a Mangala except for £37m.

Thing is though, these big fees don't always get you a commensurate increase in the performance of the team. Leicester fielded 7 players against us last season who each cost less than £1m. I know that's an extreme example but clubs at our level (I exclude your club obviously ;)) can do better by making sure they are also buying character when they sign players......theres not much difference between a Kone and a Mangala except for £37m.

Spot on! The importance of making better decisions in the transfer market than other teams is incredibly important

Your example of Kone and Managala is an excellent one. And for the record, I wouldn't swap Kone for Mangala!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back