Manuel Neuer

Status
Not open for further replies.

What game were you watching? Neur clearly tackles the ball *then* makes contact with the forward. Penalty (as under the new(ish) rules on tackling its a foul) and no red. Amazing, the referee is right and the fans don't know the rules, what a surprise. Next up: handball in the box....
Said exactly the same but the usual Muppets arguing he got the ball, you can't lead with a elbow never mind a knee

What foul have you lot seen? He didn't get anywhere near the ball. His saving grace was the centre forward knocked the ball to the side and slightly out of his own reach so the ref clearly wasn't convinced it was a clear GSO.

We are talking about the penalty incident in the first couple of minutes here aren't we?

If so, Neuer clearly gets a toe on the ball. It's not a foul.

had this exact argument during the world cup he come out punched the ball then kneed higuian in the face, the blokes gonna kill someone soon people think coz u get the ball it isnt dangerous play but you have to be responsible with your actions.

What dangerous play? It was a clean slide tackle where he won the ball.

You reckon courtois is better than neuer?

As a goalkeeper yes. As someone who makes a load of highlight reels because of how far he's willing to come out of his goal, probably not.

Not that Neuer isn't one of the best in the world but I'd rather have Courtois in goal than him.

As a goalkeeper yes. As someone who makes a load of highlight reels because of how far he's willing to come out of his goal, probably not.

Not that Neuer isn't one of the best in the world but I'd rather have Courtois in goal than him.

Was it the Ramble who were making the same argument the other week? Saying that Courtious is equally as good (if not better) than Neuer but the way Chelsea play deep compared to Bayern's high back line means that Neuer is far more involved in the game and therefore gets far more attention.

We are talking about the penalty incident in the first couple of minutes here aren't we?

Seen several replays on Sky and it looked as if he got nowhere near the ball but one of those replays looks as if he did... so I don't know anymore.

I disagree but fair enough

Under the current rules you cannot then bring down the player after the "clean" tackle, so penalty.

You can't win the ball then elbow someone in the face can u , people think because u get the ball the rest doesn't matter !

I thought a follow through was only a foul if it's reckless/excessive force? If he gets the ball FIRST then it's not a foul (in all cases isn't it?) I think.

I thought a follow through was only a foul if it's reckless/excessive force? If he gets the ball FIRST then it's not a foul (in all cases isn't it?) I think.
So u can head the ball then elbow someone in the face and smash there cheekbone but u got the ball so its ok! Neur is a wanker he's dangerous and I can guarentee he will seriously injure someone soon the way he comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back